Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Expert: Iraq's water revenues are very low, and winter threatens to be a disaster

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Expert: Iraq's water revenues are very low, and winter threatens to be a disaster Empty Expert: Iraq's water revenues are very low, and winter threatens to be a disaster

Post by Rocky Tue 27 Jun 2023, 5:08 am

Expert: Iraq's water revenues are very low, and winter threatens to be a disaster
    • Time: 06/26/2023 21:43:28

• Read: 3,120 times

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

{Local: Al-Furat News} The former advisor to the Parliamentary Agriculture and Water Committee, Adel Al-Mukhtar, revealed indications of the difficult situation in Iraq.
    Al-Mukhtar told Al-Furat News that: "There are great and serious challenges facing the water file and threatening agricultural and animal life. The Parliamentary Agriculture Committee is calling for an increase in the area of ​​rice cultivation in the Najaf and Diwaniyah governorates, estimated at 10,000 dunums." 
    He added, "All these indicators indicate the difficulty of the water situation during the summer period, especially on the Euphrates River, where the water revenues reached less than 180 cubic meters per second, which is a very low number."
    Al-Mukhtar added, "Rain and groundwater has been used to cultivate 12 million dunams," calling it "a large amount that is exaggerated."   
    And he indicated that "the water storage of the current Iraq is 11 billion cubic meters, of which the storage space is estimated at 100 billion cubic meters, and most of the dams are empty," wondering, "What if the next winter is also dry? And here the disaster occurs due to mismanagement of water and lack of anticipation for this circumstance."
    Al-Mukhtar appealed to the Prime Minister to "form a crisis team or an emergency room because the Ministries of Resources and Agriculture could not come up with plans to challenge Iraq from the coming drought, and the need to reconsider agricultural policies."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 17 Sep 2024, 1:51 am