Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Politician: International agreements oblige Türkiye not to manipulate Iraq's water share

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Politician: International agreements oblige Türkiye not to manipulate Iraq's water share Empty Politician: International agreements oblige Türkiye not to manipulate Iraq's water share

Post by Rocky Wed 26 Jul 2023, 7:01 am

[size=52]Politician: International agreements oblige Türkiye not to manipulate Iraq's water share[/size]
    • Today 10:40

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Information / Baghdad..
    Political analyst Qassem Al-Tamimi said, on Wednesday, that the international agreements with Turkey oblige it not to tamper with the water quotas coming to Iraq and Syria, pointing out that obliging Turkey to those quotas requires Iraqi diplomatic action.
    Al-Tamimi told Al-Maalouma, "There is an urgent need to activate diplomatic agreements with Turkey in order to bind it to its terms, including the water quotas stipulated in the Lausanne Agreement of 1923, which obligated it not to tamper with the quantities of water coming to Iraq and Syria except after referring to them."
    He added, "There is a good-neighborly agreement with Turkey of 1946 and another agreement of 1997, according to which Turkey recognized that the Tigris and Euphrates rivers are among the international rivers and are not just cross-border rivers."
    And he indicated that "Iraq, based on the aforementioned agreements, can internationalize the water issue and the lack of quotas received from Turkey."
    He pointed out that "all decisions will be on Baghdad's side, and Ankara will be bound by international decisions, but the matter requires Iraqi diplomatic action." ended 25 n

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 11:32 am