Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New York Times: Hamas and Islamic Jihad raised $130 million through cryptocurrencies

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

New York Times: Hamas and Islamic Jihad raised $130 million through cryptocurrencies Empty New York Times: Hamas and Islamic Jihad raised $130 million through cryptocurrencies

Post by Rocky Sat 28 Oct 2023, 10:35 am

New York Times: Hamas and Islamic Jihad raised $130 million through cryptocurrencies

New York Times: Hamas and Islamic Jihad raised $130 million through cryptocurrencies 37482
    Cryptocurrencies

Arab and international

The New York Times announced that Hamas and Islamic Jihad have collected $130 million through cryptocurrencies over the past years.
    US Deputy Secretary of the Treasury, Wally Adeyemo, warned that the United States will go after cryptocurrency companies that fail to prevent terrorist groups from transferring funds.
    Some authorities say the war in Gaza may lead to an increase in cryptocurrency fundraising by terrorist groups. Tom Alexandrovich, executive director of the Cyber ​​Defense Division at the Israel National Cyber ​​Directorate, said there has been an "excessive" increase in crypto-fund raising for terrorist groups as it is being cut off by traditional sources such as banks.
    Shlomit Wagman, a Harvard researcher and former head of Israel's Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Authority, who testified at a Senate Banking Committee hearing on terrorist financing this week, said encryption is a "problem" but is not the main source of Hamas' funding. State actors, such as Iran and Turkey, are the main funding engines for Palestinian terrorist groups, followed by commercial portfolios with real estate, investments, humanitarian aid and fundraising, including crypto.
    In April, the armed wing of Hamas announced that it would halt Bitcoin fundraising because the activity was being tracked and donors exposed.

Views 29
    Added 10/28/2023 - 5:51 PM
    https://economy-news.net/content.php?id=37131

Current date/time is Sat 27 Jul 2024, 3:09 am