Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Biden briefs the US Congress on the details of targeting Iraqi factions: We used the 2001 authorizat

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Biden briefs the US Congress on the details of targeting Iraqi factions: We used the 2001 authorizat Empty Biden briefs the US Congress on the details of targeting Iraqi factions: We used the 2001 authorizat

Post by Rocky Sat 27 Jan 2024, 4:35 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]Biden briefs the US Congress on the details of targeting Iraqi factions: We used the 2001 authorization[/size]

[size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    01-26-2024
    President Joe Biden briefed the US Congress on the details of targeting armed factions in Iraq, noting that he acted in accordance with a previous authorization to use force.[/size]
    [size=45]Biden stated in a letter addressed to the US Congress and published on the White House website, “The militias affiliated with the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps committed a series of attacks against American individuals and facilities in Iraq and Syria.” These attacks, including the recent attack on Al-Asad Air Base by Iranian-affiliated militias, have seriously injured and seriously threatened U.S. and coalition personnel serving alongside U.S. forces.”[/size]
    [size=45]He added, “Previously, in response to these attacks and the threat of future attacks, based on my direction, United States forces carried out targeted strikes against facilities in Iraq and Syria used by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and its affiliated groups.”[/size]
    [size=45]He noted, “On the night of January 23, 2024, based on my directions, American forces carried out separate strikes against facilities in Iraq used by militias affiliated with the Iranian Revolutionary Guard for training, logistical support, and other purposes.” The strikes were carried out with the aim of weakening militia capabilities and deter future attacks and were carried out in a manner intended to reduce the risk of escalation and avoid civilian casualties. The strikes were directed to protect and defend our personnel and assets located in Iraq and conducting military operations under the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40). The aim of the strikes was to weaken and disable Iran and its affiliated militias from launching or supporting further attacks on US personnel and facilities.”[/size]
    [size=45]The US President continued, “I directed this military action consistent with my responsibility to protect US citizens at home and abroad and to advance US national security and foreign policy interests, in accordance with my constitutional authority as Commander-in-Chief and Chief Executive and to administer the foreign relations of the United States.” Relations and in accordance with the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40) and the Authorization for Use of Military Force against Iraq (Public Law 107-243). The United States took this necessary and proportionate action consistent with international law and in exercise of the inherent United States right of self-defense as provided in Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations. The United States stands ready to take further action, as necessary and appropriate, to address further threats or attacks.”[/size]
    [size=45]He noted that he submitted “this report as part of my efforts to keep Congress fully informed, consistent with the War Powers Resolution (Public Law 93-148). “I appreciate Congress’ support in this action.”[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 11:29 am