Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

3 Cowboys to watch against the Bucs

jedi17
    jedi17

3 Cowboys to watch against the Bucs Empty 3 Cowboys to watch against the Bucs

Post by jedi17 Sun 18 Dec 2016, 6:37 pm

3 Cowboys to watch against the Bucs

The turning point of the Dallas Cowboys season occurred last Sunday night at MetLife stadium. After another loss to their division foe, the Cowboys offense finally collapsed. However, an encouraging sign from the loss did appear with the outstanding performance by the Cowboys defense. The way the defense played containing Beckham, forcing turnovers, stopping the run and generating sacks was impressive, to say the least. If the Cowboys can continue to play defense at a high level, this is a super bowl contending team even with a lackluster offense as they proved last Sunday night.
    Recent history shows the Cowboys do have a bend but don’t break defense, therefore they will need the offense to fire on all cylinders especially with Tampa coming to town, followed by the red-hot Lions. In my opinion, Sunday night is a must win if the Cowboys have their sights set on an NFC East title and a first-round bye. In order for the Cowboys to heal the “Giant” wound they have right now, these three players must step up.
    Dak Prescott: Dak Prescott is much to blame for the Cowboys loss. Prescott completed on 45% of his passes for 165 yards with two interceptions and one fumble. The Cowboys offensive line isn’t to blame for his struggles either. With a clean pocket, Pro Football Talk states Prescott had a passer rating of only 24.2. When you have the third best quarterback passer rating in this history of the game on the bench in Tony Romo, one can wonder if a loss could’ve been avoided. In his past five games against the Giants, Romo is 5-0.
    AROUND COVER32
    Power Rankings: Who’s making a late-season push?
    Mailbag:: What’s up with all the “cheating”?
    QB Rankings::: A big shift in this week’s rankings
    Moving forward, a quarterback controversy isn’t brewing at “The Star” only media members and fans are buzzing over the possibility of Tony Romo finally getting his chance. Another poor performance by Prescott could spell trouble for his job security. It just so happens Prescott will be facing a Tampa defense who recently made Russell Wilson look average at best. Many believe the best comparison for Prescott is Wilson. The familiarity in styles of play between the two quarterbacks could benefit the Bucs defense. I have a gut feeling Prescott will have a big game against the Bucs due to his comfort level of playing at home and responding to adversity.
    Dez Bryant: I’ve never seen a worse performance from Dez Bryant. From a fantasy standpoint, it was the first time Dez Bryant ever finished a game with negative points(-1). Bryant and Prescott were not on the same page Sunday night and it was clear when a ball was thrown between Witten and Bryant and no one went for the football. Dez looked to have the biggest catch of the night on third down with less than two minutes to go but then fumbled.
    The Giants did a really nice job of adding extra coverage on Bryant leaving no room for Prescott to fit a ball. The Bucs corners are physical and their safeties like to anticipate throws but that could bite them against a player like Bryant. I predict we will see a play where Bryant is wide open for a big gain due to aggressive play by the Bucs. I can’t imagine a player as talented as Bryant will have back to back poor outings.
    Benson Mayowa: Other than Sean Lee, the defensive MVP of the night could have been Benson Mayowa. The highest paid free agent of the Dallas Cowboys played his best sacking Eli Manning and forcing a fumble. Mayowa has been a healthy scratch for multiple games prior to last Sunday night.
    With the absence of Demarcus Lawrence this Sunday I expect Mayowa to get more opportunities to be on the field. The cowboys will be hoping their investment will pay off. If Mayowa can get hot along with a returning Lawrence and possible return of Randy Gregory, the Cowboys could have themselves a nice defensive front.

Like the Cover32-Dallas Facebook Page!

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 1:07 pm