Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Cowboys: 3 Things to Watch Against Detroit

jedi17
    jedi17

Cowboys: 3 Things to Watch Against Detroit Empty Cowboys: 3 Things to Watch Against Detroit

Post by jedi17 Mon 26 Dec 2016, 7:41 pm

Cowboys: 3 Things to Watch Against Detroit

Merry Christmas Cowboys Nation! For a present, the Dallas Cowboys clinched the NFC EAST, home field advantage and a first-round bye. Cowboy fans don’t have a thing to worry about these next two weeks of the regular season as they are meaningless. The Cowboys won’t play another meaningful football game for four weeks. However, the Cowboys will take a day by day approach, a message Coach Jason Garrett has preached since the day he was named the interim head coach in 2010. The Cowboys nameless, faceless opponent; Detroit Lions have everything to play for with a playoff spot on the line. The Lions will be looking to avenge a 2014 heartbreaking playoff loss to the Cowboys. Between the lines, there’s many intriguing storylines heading into Monday night’s matchup. Here are three keys to watch for.
    Jason Garrett – how will Red Ball play this game? The message all week has been the starters will play, but for how long? In 2014, Garrett did not rest his starters until the game was out of reach week 17 against Washington late in the 4th quarter. With the recent events of Derek Carr and Marcus Mariota, one must wonder if Garrett’s stance has changed. I expect Prescott to play the entire game. I expect Mcfadden to cut into Zeke’s workload. I don’t see Tony Romo playing in either week 16 or week 17. The Cowboys coaching staff wouldn’t let Romo compete for his job in practice when he was healthy, I doubt they’ll give him a platform to showcase what he has left in the tank. Jason Garrett will be the most watched man in AT&T stadium on Monday night.
    AROUND COVER32
    QB Rankings: Who’s rising as the temperatures are falling?
    NFL Mailbag: Out goes Osweiler, in comes Savage
    Power Rankings:: The playoff picture is still hazy with two picks left
    Alfred Morris – I see the Cowboys using these next two weeks to figure out their running back situation for next season. McFadden, Dunbar and Morris will all be free agents after this season. Cowboys coaches could use this opportunity to see who has the must juice left. From what I’ve seen so far this season I believe Morris is the best back behind Zeke. The front office can either look like a genius or fool for releasing promising rookie running back Darius Jackson for Darren McFadden. I’m interested to see who will get the most carries these next two weeks out of the three running backs.

Randy Gregory – the surprise of the second half of the season is the return of Gregory. Many believed he would never play another snap of football for the Cowboys again thanks to drug violations. An appeal process has allowed Gregory to play and the Cowboys need him with the short-term future of Demarcus Lawrence in question due to his back injury. If Gregory can play how he did against the Giants in 2015 before he got hurt, the defensive line could be a strength. It’ll be interesting to see how many snaps Gregory will get.

Current date/time is Tue 14 May 2024, 3:35 am