Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Flames get back on track with win over Canucks

jedi17
    jedi17

Flames get back on track with win over Canucks Empty Flames get back on track with win over Canucks

Post by jedi17 Sun 08 Jan 2017, 9:34 pm

Flames get back on track with win over Canucks

On Friday night the Calgary Flames dominated the Vancouver Canucks for 60 minutes but couldn't find a way to convert on their chances and lost as a result.

The Flames weren't as solid last night but they jumped out to an early 2-0 lead and that proved enough to earn a much-needed two points.

A few notes: 

1) After a string of poor starts, Chad Johnson rebounded against the Canucks in a big way. He looked very poised and confident between the pipes and made several flurries of quality stops when the Canucks were really pushing in the final 40. I would think he'll get the start Monday against Winnipeg.

2) Matthew Tkachuk doesn't seem to get much recognition from media and fans league-wide but they're going to be forced to take notice if he continues to play the way he is.

Tkachuk had four shots against the Canucks, many of which came from dangerous areas, and he made a beautiful pass on Michael Frolik's goal late in the 3rd to put the game away. 

On top of posting fantastic underlying numbers, Tkachuk is also piling up the points as he's now on a nine-game point streak.

I don't know if players can be stolen at 6th overall, but it looks like that may be the case with Tkachuk. He is outstanding.

3) Stop me if you've heard this before, but Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Frolik was once again Calgary's best line at 5v5 and, again, there wasn't a close 2nd. That's impressive considering they spent a good chunk of their ice against the Sedin twins.

Also, get Freddie Hamilton back into the lineup in place of Lance Bouma.

4) Sean Monahan entered last night's game having found the scoresheet just once in seven games. He had been generating shots, though, which is why I wrote this pointless spell wouldn't continue if he kept shooting. That was the case last night as he had one shot deflected for a goal and registered a couple on target of his own. If he shoots 3+ times on a routine basis, the goals and points will be there.

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 6:20 am