Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New York Islanders

jedi17
    jedi17

New York Islanders Empty New York Islanders

Post by jedi17 Mon 23 Jan 2017, 2:57 pm

Building Blocks 
    January 22, 2017, 3:41 PM ET [224 Comments]
    Dan Petriw
     New York Islanders Nyi New York Islanders Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @dandannoodles78

The Islanders return to home ice this evening to take on the Philadelphia Flyers. New York is coming off another strong performance with a 4-2 win over the Kings. Thomas Griess will be back in net and is coming off back to back shutouts.

The Isles are now 2-0 under head coach Doug Weight. New York did not crumble last night after the Kings came back and tied the game at two. In fact they carried much of the play the rest of the game, out shooting L.A. by a significant margin.

New York also cashed in twice on the powerplay as Anders Lee scored twice. This is also an encouraging sign. Look, we all know the Isles have a long road ahead of them but points are points and this team actually looks like it has a pulse. 

The Flyers come into Brooklyn with a 2-5-2 record in their last nine contests and are a team struggling in their own end. New York are winners of three straight and while we all know that they need a strong 15-20 game stretch, this is the type of game they need to win. 

No word on the lineup yet. It will be interesting to see how Doug Weight incorporates all the injured Isles back into the lineup. One thing is for certain, Nick Leddy and Travis Hamonic cannot be paired together. Leddy looks like a new player paired with Adam Pelech.

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 3:28 pm