Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New York Islanders

jedi17
    jedi17

New York Islanders Empty New York Islanders

Post by jedi17 Tue 14 Feb 2017, 7:56 pm

One night only
    February 14, 2017, 11:08 AM ET [99 Comments]
    Noel Fogelman
    New York Islanders Nyi New York Islanders Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @thefirstnoel19

The Islanders head north of the border to face the Toronto Maple Leafs at the Air Canada Centre in the latest must-win game. The Isles sit one point back of the Leafs for the second wild card, both have played 54 games. 

Leafs fans will get their only look at Islanders captain John Tavares at the ACC this season. I'm sure he will get hounded with questions from the Toronto media. "John, chances you sign with the Leafs in 2018?", "John, excited to be playing back home?" and "John, how fun will it be to play with Auston?"

This is the second meeting between the two in the last eight days. Brock Nelson's overtime goal, his second of the game, capped a wild 6-5 win. 

Nelson is just one of a bunch of players who have seen their numbers improve under interim head coach Doug Weight. In the last 12 games, the streaky Nelson has four goals and four assists. 

The player who has benefited most, as expected, has been Ryan Strome. In the last seven games, Strome has three goals and five assists. A different voice has made a world of difference. 

Nick Leddy recorded his 200th career point in Sunday's win against the Colorado Avalanche. After his three-point effort Sunday, that total is now 201. In the last 16 games, Leddy has four goals and 11 assists and is now tied for 15th in defensemen scoring.

After the hole the Islanders dug themselves in the first half it's crazy to believe that with a win, the Islanders will hold the second wild card spot. That and three bucks will get you a metrocard. The season still has a long way to go.

Thomas Greiss will get the start. Shane Prince is day-to-day with an upper-body injury. Alan Quine, who was scratched for Stephen Gionta on Sunday, will replace Prince. The Islanders are 5-0 with Gionta in the lineup.

A couple of Islander prospects had strong weeks. Ryan Pulock's six points in four games earned him AHL Player of the Week. In 27 games this season, the 2013 first-round pick has 10 goals and 12 assists. Pulock has been clutch as well, four of his 10 goals have been game winning. Unfortunately Pulock has to bide his time in Bridgeport until a spot opens.

If anyone is in an WHL fantasy league, I hope they have Mathew Barzal. The 2015 first-round pick had 15 points in four games, including a career-high six point game Saturday night earning him player of the week honors. Barzal has eight goals and 46 assists in 29 games this season for the Seattle Thunderbirds. Have to wonder if Barzal would still be with the Islanders had Weight started the season as coach.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:54 am