Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Pittsburgh Penguins

jedi17
    jedi17

Pittsburgh Penguins Empty Pittsburgh Penguins

Post by jedi17 Sat 11 Mar 2017, 8:16 pm

More people should be talking about Evgeni Malkin's season
    March 11, 2017, 12:22 PM ET [40 Comments]
    Ryan Wilson
     Pittsburgh Penguins Pit Pittsburgh Penguins Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Well that was fun. The Pittsburgh Penguins and Edmonton Oilers lived up to their potential providing fans a very entertaining game.

Connor McDavid scored in both the game and the shootout, Evgeni Malkin scored, and Sidney Crosby had a strong game while also scoring in the shootout.  

With Evgeni Malkin’s 32nd goal he is now only trailing Sidney Crosby (34) by two goals. He is also in a tie with Brad Marchand and Patrik Laine.  

I don’t think enough is being made of the season that Evgeni Malkin is having. This is the second best offensive year of his career. Only the 2011-12 season was better and that was the year he won the Hart Trophy

Pittsburgh Penguins EOm0Ski

In 2011-12, Sidney Crosby missed a majority of the season and it allowed Geno to have his pick of any wingers. The Evgeni Malkin, Chris Kunitz and James Neal trio was deadly that year. In most years Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin have to share the talent and that’s why I think Geno’s 2016-17 season might be more impressive than the 2011-12 one. Especially when you take into consideration aging trends.  

He is on pace for 98 points in an 82 game season. He has missed seven games so his current pace will take him to 90 points in 75 games played. It has been a remarkable year given that the landscape has not been kind to offense. He currently has 71 points and when he gets his 72nd point that will tie him for the most points he has earned in a season since 2011-12.  

His all situations points per 60 is 3.89 and that leads the NHL. Second best is Sidney Crosby at 3.50. Malkin’s 5v5 points per 60 of 2.98 trails only Conor Sheary’s 3.10 in the NHL.  

Geno Machino is simply amazing. He deserves to be in the Hart Trophy discussion.

Phil Kessel did a Phil Kessel thing.

Marc-Andre Fleury put on a tremendous performance stopping 40 out of 42 shots while stopping two out of three in the shootout. The Oilers were the better team and Fleury is the reason Pittsburgh won the game. This is the type of game that showcases why Fleury has as many fans as he does. It was an objectively great performance while also highlighting his athleticism. He’s as fun to watch as any goalie in the league when he’s playing well. That is his allure. He is entertaining.  

There aren’t many goalies better at stopping breakaways than Fleury. That is backed up by his shootout save percentage, which is the best in NHL history

Sidney Crosby has “only” six points in his last ten games, but that is not for lack of quality play. His line has been able to generate quality time in the offensive zone and the puck just hasn’t found its way into the net. He was reunited with Jake Guentzel and Conor Sheary. I hope that that line sticks together for an extended period. It has tremendous potential. They had multiple shifts of quality cycling. All three players were actively involved while generating time and space with great movement and good decision-making. It is a very smart trio.  

The team is back in action tonight against the Vancouver Canucks. Hopefully the creetins at VANHAC don’t leave the place in sh

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 5:48 am