Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New Jersey Devils

jedi17
    jedi17

New Jersey Devils  Empty New Jersey Devils

Post by jedi17 Thu 16 Mar 2017, 8:08 pm

G69 New Jersey Devils vs Philadelphia Flyers: Kinkaid gets the nod in goal
    March 16, 2017, 8:39 AM ET [28 Comments]
    Todd Cordell
    New Jersey Devils Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

The New Jersey Devils' quest for a win continues tonight when they play host to the Philadelphia Flyers.

The Devils enter this contest having lost 10 consecutive games and I'm starting to think they may never win again. We're at the point where if the Devils have a winnable game -- like hosting a Jets team out of the race and in the latter half of a road back-to-back -- the NHL just calls the game off and reschedules for a less convenient date. I'm (partly) joking, of course.

But, seriously, this never ending string of losses may not be such a bad thing. The Arizona Coyotes are hot (they've won three in a row!) and the Devils are suddenly only two points out of 29th in the league. If the Devils finish 29th, they have an extra 2% chance of winning the top pick and obviously their chances of staying in the top-3 would be higher.

I would think the Devils are fully aware of this and making decisions accordingly, like giving Keith Kinkaid the nod in goal tonight even though Cory Schneider hasn't played a game since Saturday.

But don't worry, friends. Schneider will surely get the three winnable games that follow against Pittsburgh, Columbus, and the New York Rangers, three of the top-5 teams in terms of wins.

Look out, Arizona. There's a new No. 29 seed in town.

Here are the expected line combinations for New Jersey:

Taylor Hall - Travis Zajac - Kyle Palmieri
    Joseph Blandisi - Adam Henrique - Beau Bennett
    Pavel Zacha - John Quenneville - Stefan Noesen
    Blake Coleman - Blake Pietila - Miles Wood

John Moore - Damon Severson
    Andy Greene - Ben Lovejoy
    Jon Merrill - Steve Santini

Keith Kinkaid

And the expected lines for the Flyers (via dailyfaceoff.com):

Brayden Schenn - Claude Giroux - Wayne Simmonds
    Travis Konecny - Valtteri Filppula - Jakub Voracek
    Nick Cousins - Sean Couturier - Matt Read
    Chris VandeVelde - Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - Roman Lyubimov

Ivan Provorov - Andrew MacDonald
    Michael Del Zotto - Radko Gudas
    Nick Schultz - Shayne Gostisbehere

Steve Mason

A few notes:

1) Quenneville had 41 points in 53 games with Albany and generated shots at a pretty good clip (2.60 per game). I'm curious how soon he can provide an offensive burst at the NHL level because the Devils could certainly use it.

2) Kinkaid has made just two starts since February 1st and it sounds like he'll get a little more run down the stretch. He's playing for a contract -- be it in New Jersey or elsewhere -- so these games are very important to him.

3) Over the last 10 games, the Flyers have allowed the third fewest scoring chances in the league while the Devils have generated the fewest. It could be another tough night offensively, although playing a tired team could help their cause.

Tonight's game is scheduled for 7:00 and can be seen on MSG+, CSN-PH. and TVA.

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 9:34 pm