Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New Jersey Devils

jedi17
    jedi17

New Jersey Devils  Empty New Jersey Devils

Post by jedi17 Fri 24 Mar 2017, 8:34 pm

Devils drop battle of the backups, pick up 13th loss in 15 games
    March 24, 2017, 11:17 AM ET [27 Comments]
    Todd Cordell
    New Jersey Devils Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

On Thursday night the New Jersey Devils left the ice losers for the 13th time in 15 games as they fell, 4-2, at the hands of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

A few notes:

1) Unless the Devils are outright tanking, which doesn't make much sense considering there aren't really players worth tanking for, I have no idea why Keith Kinkaid started again last night. He has been given the nod in goal three times over the last four games and with a back-to-back coming up this weekend it's entirely possible he is given another start.

The Devils say they want to see if he can handle a larger workload but that is moot because Cory Schneider happens to be a Devil, and will be for years to come. If the Devils were to consider moving Schneider (I don't see that happening) I think it's safe to say you don't need to see how Kinkaid finishes the year to know he isn't the answer in goal.

2) The Taylor Hall - Travis Zajac - Kyle Palmieri line has been very good since being put together but they had a rough go at it last night. Playing primarily against Nazem Kadri's shutdown line, the Devils' top unit was out-attempted by double digits and out-chanced by five at 5v5. That doesn't happen very often.

3) Speaking of Zajac, that guy is the ultimate team player. He darted over to step in for Palmieri as soon as he took that big hit from Matt Hunwick and next thing you know he is fighting a guy five inches taller and more than 50 pounds heavier. It didn't work out all that well for him, obviously, but I'm sure it meant a lot to Palmieri for him to step in and defend him like that.

4) Damon Severson had an assist, three shots, four hits and led the Devils' defense in time on ice at even-strength and on the power play. What a time to be alive.

5) John Quenneville did not get on the scoresheet but he gained the line with possession several times -- the Devils need more of that -- and registered at least two shots on goal for the fifth consecutive game. He's made a conscious effort to shoot the puck since being recalled, which is a definite positive considering how he can shoot. He puts some zip on those pucks.

6) As an aside, Blake Speers recorded a goal, an assist, and five shots in Sault Ste. Marie's Game 1 win over Flint last night. Colton White also picked up an assist and a shot on goal.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 1:12 am