Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New Jersey Devils

jedi17
    jedi17

New Jersey Devils  Empty New Jersey Devils

Post by jedi17 Wed 29 Mar 2017, 5:19 pm

Devils blow lead to Jets, lose for 16th time in 18 games
    March 29, 2017, 11:02 AM ET [15 Comments]
    Todd Cordell
    New Jersey Devils Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

The New Jersey Devils participated in a hockey game last night and -- stop me if you've heard this before -- left the ice with a loss in their back pocket.

Last night's loss to Winnipeg marked the 16th time in 18 games the Devils failed to pick up two points.

A few notes:

1) After every loss, I see people complaining about the Devils (understandable) but for the wrong reasons. The most common complaints I've seen suggest a) the players don't care or; b) the team is too inexperienced and doesn't know how to win.

I don't think it is either of those things. The team simply isn't good enough. When they dressed a roster filled with established veterans they weren't good enough. Now that their lineup is littered with kids, some of whom have posted terrible underlying numbers and contributed little offensively, they're simply being out-played routinely and deserve to lose. Last night's game, which was far from the worst during this rough patch, was a good example of that.

2) Most of the kids were eaten alive despite getting the easier minutes. The Taylor Hall - Travis Zajac - Kyle Palmieri line took on pretty much every defensive zone start, which allowed the kids to start essentially every shift on a level playing field (the neutral zone). It didn't really help.

3) While I'm on the subject of the Devils not being good: let's give John Hynes a chance with a half-decent roster before we call for his head. Perhaps he can do something with one or two more defensemen who can move the puck and some remotely consistent scoring outside of the top line.

4) Maybe it's just me, but I feel like Taylor Hall could/should have taken, like, four penalty shots over the last few weeks and a call on a breakaway hasn't gone his way once. The guy just has the worst luck.

5) I feel bad for Cory Schneider. Even on nights he plays well the Devils still lose and you can tell it's really starting to eat at him. You know things are going bad when the calmest and most collected player on the roster is visibly frustrated on an almost nightly basis. He's normally such an optimistic and happy person and, judging by his quotes and body language, it's getting tough for him to remain that way.

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 9:18 pm