Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Peshmerga ministry seeking to expand Erbil-Washington protocol: Official

jedi17
    jedi17

Peshmerga ministry seeking to expand Erbil-Washington protocol: Official Empty Peshmerga ministry seeking to expand Erbil-Washington protocol: Official

Post by jedi17 Thu 06 Apr 2017, 2:27 pm

Peshmerga ministry seeking to expand Erbil-Washington protocol: Official

Erbil (BasNews) An official from the Kurdistan Region Peshmerga Ministry stated that the latest visit of the US delegation to Erbil had a major impact on the Washington-Erbil relations.

Halgurd Hikmat, head of the Peshmerga Ministry’s Media Department, told BasNews that the aim behind the US delegation’s visit to Kurdistan Region was for the new administration to be closely enlightened about the latest developments on the ground, especially the anti-Islamic State (IS) efforts.

Regarding the protocol signed on July 12, 2016 between the US Department of Defense and Peshmerga Ministry to boost bilateral cooperation in combating IS, the official said the Ministry of Peshmerga is seeking to renew and expand the approach, noting that its time limit will end soon.

“This protocol could turn into a strategic agreement in the future, and this also needs political talks between the Kurdistan Region and the United States,” he said.

A high-level US delegation, consisting of Jared Kushner, a senior adviser to the US President, Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and other military and political officials, visited Erbil on Tuesday where they met with Kurdistan Region President Masoud Barzani and other Kurdistan Region officials.

The US delegation ensured the Kurds of their continued support and stated that Washington is in need of a coordination with Erbil.

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 10:08 am