Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Fire breaks out near Shia Imam’s shrine in Baghdad, one killed due to congestion

jedi17
    jedi17

Fire breaks out near Shia Imam’s shrine in Baghdad, one killed due to congestion Empty Fire breaks out near Shia Imam’s shrine in Baghdad, one killed due to congestion

Post by jedi17 Sun 23 Apr 2017, 1:02 pm

Fire breaks out near Shia Imam’s shrine in Baghdad, one killed due to congestion

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) Fire broke out on Sunday at stores located near the shrine of Imam Musa al-Kadhim, as Shia pilgrims were visiting to commemorate his death anniversary.

According to Shafaq News, the fire broke out at noon, leaving several stores on the main street that faces the shrine burnt. Huge number of panicked visitors were there.

Security troops and ambulances arrived immediately to the accident spot to control the fire, which was likely to have occurred due to electric short circuit.

In related news, Jassim al-Hajami, head of western Baghdad health department, said one person was killed, while 250 others were injured due to congestion among Shiite visitors.

Speaking to Al Ghad Press, Hajami said, “the congestion among visitors resulted in death of an elderly man, while 250 others were wounded.”

“Six of the injured were transferred to al-Kadhimiya hospital for treatment,” he added.

Millions of Shiite visitors from other provinces across Iraq as well as neighboring countries flock to Kadhimiya neighborhood every year to commemorate death of the seventh imam revered in Shia Islam, amid high security measures.

Last week, an IED targeted Shia pilgrims on al-Resala al-Oula district in al-Baiyaa region, south of Baghdad, leaving one person killed and four others wounded

Current date/time is Wed 23 Oct 2024, 6:31 pm