Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The NATO commander clarifies the mission's tasks in Iraq and is likely to expand its deployment

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The NATO commander clarifies the mission's tasks in Iraq and is likely to expand its deployment Empty The NATO commander clarifies the mission's tasks in Iraq and is likely to expand its deployment

Post by Rocky Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:17 am

The NATO commander clarifies the mission's tasks in Iraq and is likely to expand its deployment

•  Time: 03/2021 16:04:39

•  Read: 221 times

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

{International: Al Furat News} The commander of NATO in Iraq confirmed today, Thursday, that NATO forces are on Iraqi soil at the invitation of the government.
    General Pierre Olsen added in a press statement, "These forces are working with the government to build the security and safety of the country, and their mission cannot be expanded except at the request of the official Iraqi authorities."
    He also explained that the mission of the NATO mission in Iraq is not combat, but rather is limited to providing security and military advice to the Ministry of Defense, saying: "Our mission is advisory and we do not provide training in the ongoing operations against ISIS or others."
    In addition, he indicated that the process of expanding the mission has not started yet, adding that this matter comes after the request of the government and the approval of the thirty countries in the alliance, indicating, "We respect the sovereignty of Iraq and work within the governmental framework."
    He also added that NATO's activity is confined to Baghdad, and may expand in other regions if the Iraqi government requests it, "explaining," "We are in a camp in Baghdad where forces from the international coalition are present, but our work is separate from it."
    He also pointed out that "no change is expected in the mission's tasks and it will remain advisory, without there being support for combat operations."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Diamond likes this post

Current date/time is Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:31 am