Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Parliamentary move to legislate a law to ban homosexuality in Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Parliamentary move to legislate a law to ban homosexuality in Iraq Empty Parliamentary move to legislate a law to ban homosexuality in Iraq

Post by Rocky Fri 08 Jul 2022, 5:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
     political

•  Today, 12:29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Baghdad - INA - Nassar Al-Hajj
    The Parliamentary Legal Committee announced today, Friday, the existence of a parliamentary movement to legislate a law prohibiting homosexuality in Iraq.
    A member of the committee, Representative Aref Al-Hamami, told the Iraqi News Agency (INA): "It was agreed within the House of Representatives to collect signatures after returning to session to legislate a law prohibiting homosexuality in Iraq."
    He added that "legislation of such a law will be reinforced by legal provisions that prevent homosexuality and the perversions associated with it."
    In turn, the legal expert, Ali Al-Tamimi, told the Iraqi News Agency (INA): "The Iraqi Penal Code punishes deviation or sodomy in Article 393 of it with death." 
    He added that "Law 234 of 2001 punished adultery, sodomy, and brokering with death as well, and articles 215 and 220 punished with imprisonment and a fine for offending the country's reputation with such crimes," noting that "Article 376 of the same law punished with 7 years imprisonment for invalid contracts in marriage contracts." And also Articles 401 and beyond and what is related to indecent assault, and also Article 3 of the Personal Status Law laid down the terms of the contract and such crimes violate that.”
    The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, had previously proposed that there be a special day against homosexuality and obscenity.
    Al-Sadr said in a tweet, which was followed by the Iraqi News Agency (INA), "It is right to say about (homosexuals), for God Almighty is giving and not neglecting, so I call them to repentance first."
    Al-Sadr called on “all those who enacted the gay law to immediately retract this unjust criminal decision for two reasons:
    First: Warding off affliction and epidemic: (monkeypox), or what you call (gaypox) for all of humanity.
    The second: Forgiveness of their sins, may God repent to them, otherwise it will be right for them to say, and God will destroy them completely.”
    Mr. Al-Sadr suggested “that there be a special day against homosexuality and their reprehensible indecency in the earth and the sky.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Wed 18 Sep 2024, 7:54 pm