Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

United Nations: The situation in Syria is the most dangerous in a long time

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

United Nations: The situation in Syria is the most dangerous in a long time Empty United Nations: The situation in Syria is the most dangerous in a long time

Post by Rocky Tue 31 Oct 2023, 4:39 am

POSTED ON2023-10-31 BY SOTALIRAQ

[size=52]United Nations: The situation in Syria is the most dangerous in a long time[/size]

[size=45]United Nations: The situation in Syria is the most dangerous in a long time 763121Image1
    The United Nations expressed its concern about the “escalation” of hostilities in Syria, as the current situation has become “the most dangerous in a long time” due to the repercussions of the war between Israel and Hamas.[/size]
    [size=45]The Special Envoy of the International Organization for Syria, Geir Pedersen, announced before the UN Security Council, Monday (October 30, 2023): “Since March 2020, the Syrian conflict has entered a strategic impasse (…) I have warned for some time that the current situation exposes Syria to the risk of sliding towards deeper disintegration.” And long-term, with the risks of escalation being the most worrying.”[/size]
    [size=45]He added: “Today I sound the alarm: the situation has become the most dangerous in a long time.”[/size]
    [size=45]He warned that “in addition to the violence resulting from the conflict in Syria itself, the Syrian people now face the possibility of a broader escalation linked to dangerous developments in Israel, the occupied Palestinian territories, and the region.”[/size]
    [size=45]The United Nations Special Envoy to Syria considered that “this has already begun,” pointing to the Israeli bombing that specifically targeted the Aleppo and Damascus airports, and the American accusations against “groups accused of being supported by Iran” of launching attacks against Washington’s forces in Syria.[/size]
    [size=45]“Even before the regional developments, Syria witnessed the worst rate of violence in more than three years,” Geir Pedersen explained, noting that the tensions in the region “are adding fuel to the fire, on a powder keg that was already about to explode.”[/size]
    [size=45]For her part, Edem Wosorno, an official at the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Operations (OCHA), stressed that “the world’s attention is focused on the crisis in Gaza, and this is completely justified.”[/size]
    [size=45]She stressed that “this must not distract our attention from the ongoing humanitarian crises elsewhere, on a large scale, including in the region itself.”[/size]
    [size=45]It also expressed its concern about “the escalation in the pace of attacks” in northern Syria and its repercussions on the population, while “the emergency humanitarian situation has worsened in recent weeks.”[/size]
    [size=45]Edem Wosorno told the Security Council, “What is happening raises greater concern as winter approaches.”[/size]
    [size=45]In this context, she referred to United Nations estimates that 5.7 million people across the country are in need of “humanitarian assistance,” calling for new funding.[/size]
    [size=45]https://www.sotaliraq.com/2023/10/31/%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%a3%d9%85%d9%85-%d8%a7%d9%84%d9%85%d8%aa%d8%ad%d8%af%d8%a9-%d8%a7%d9%84%d9%88%d8%b6%d8%b9-%d9%81%d9%8a-%d8%b3%d9%88%d8%b1%d9%8a%d8%a7-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%a3%d8%ae%d8%b7%d8%b1-%d9%85%d9%86/[/size]

Current date/time is Fri 28 Jun 2024, 11:26 pm