Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Fake Amazon sites everywhere

Bama Diva
    Bama Diva

Fake Amazon sites everywhere Empty Fake Amazon sites everywhere

Post by Bama Diva Today at 8:02 am

Fake Amazon sites everywhere

October 4, 2024

Amazon’s fall Prime Big Deal Days sale is next week on Oct. 8 and Oct. 9. Yes, I’ll be sharing all the best deals. But the most important thing I want you to know is that scammers are hard at work creating lookalike sites and emails to trick you while you’ve got your credit card out.
    Gone are the days of crappy rip-offs. Today’s crooks create fake websites that look just like the ones they’re imitating. Don’t worry, I’ve got your back, and I’m here to help you spot the scams and shop safely.

Carbon copy

Over the last 30 days, Check Point Research has discovered more than 1,000 newly registered Amazon-related domains — and 88% of them are malicious or suspicious.

One out of every 54 of the new domains includes the phrase “Amazon Prime,” because they want your search to lead right to them.
    • Examples: Domain names ending with .com, like “amazonprimemotels,” “amazonprimeresort” and “amazonprimeresorts.”

Many of these domains are "parked," meaning they're not in use — yet. Scammers like to get their ducks in a row and create sites that are ready to go live when it’s Prime (Day) time.

As for those sites that already have content up, most look and feel close enough to the real deal to catch the attention of unsuspecting shoppers browsing quickly. More than anything, scammers bank on you seeing the Amazon name and logo.

Calls and emails work, too

Check Point found more than 100 different Prime-focused scam email campaigns. Many impersonate Amazon Financial Services, asking you to update your payment details or other personal information.

If an Amazon rep calls to inform you something's wrong with your account, it’s fake. They’ll try to get you to confirm personal or financial info. Hang up.

‘Primed’ and ready

Be smarter than the crooks. If a deal or offer seems too good to be true, it probably is. Step No. 1: Slo‑o‑o‑ow down.
    • Closely review those URLs. Misspellings or sites using a different top-level domain (e.g., .co instead of .com) are huge red flags.
    • Create a super-strong password for your Amazon account. I bet it’s been a while since you changed it.
    • Look for the secure sign. When you go to a major retail website, verify the URL starts with “https://” and has a padlock icon.
    • Check your emails carefully. Most phishing attacks use urgent language to trick you into clicking links or downloading attachments. Always verify the source and cross-check it with a company's official website.
    • Pay with credit cards. Debit cards are linked to your bank account, and getting your money back is more complicated.

🫣 In case you want to see some early Amazon Big Deal Days sales, here’s the secret link. Share this with a pal — you know, the one who falls for tricks a little too easily. They’ll thank you later.
    https://ckarchive.com/b/5quvh7hv46d6esp5xxd52a94dwl44sn

Current date/time is Fri 04 Oct 2024, 10:23 am