Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Olive Oil and Lemon Peel

Lobo
    Lobo

Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Olive Oil and Lemon Peel Empty Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Olive Oil and Lemon Peel

Post by Lobo Sun 24 Jan 2016, 7:47 pm

Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Olive Oil and Lemon Peel Img25l
    Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Olive Oil and Lemon Peel
    Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Olive Oil and Lemon Peel Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review

When they are treated right, brussels sprouts are sweet and tender. One way to bring out the best in them is to cook them quickly, with nothing more than a little good olive oil, lemon and sea salt. Use the largest fry pan you have for this recipe so the brussels sprouts have room to move around and brown as they cook. They’re delicious alongside pork tenderloin.

Ingredients:

• 1 lb. brussels sprouts 
    • 2 Tbs. olive oil 
    • 1 tsp. lemon zest strips 
    • 1/2 tsp. sea salt 
    • Freshly ground pepper, to taste 
    • 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice 

Directions:

Trim away the stem ends of the brussels sprouts and cut lengthwise into slices 1/4 inch thick.

In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the brussels sprouts, lemon zest, salt and a few grindings of pepper. Cook, stirring frequently and reducing the heat as needed to prevent scorching, until the brussels sprouts are tender and slightly browned, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and cook for 1 minute more. Serve immediately. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Eat Well, by Charity Ferreira (Oxmoor House, 2008).

Related Tips

Current date/time is Sat 27 Jul 2024, 3:06 am