Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

3 posters

IRS Employee: D.C. Told Us To Target Tea Party

wciappetta
    wciappetta
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

IRS Employee: D.C. Told Us To Target Tea Party Empty IRS Employee: D.C. Told Us To Target Tea Party

Post by wciappetta Sun 02 Jun 2013, 3:15 pm

IRS Employee: D.C. Told Us To Target Tea Party

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/06/02/IRS-Employee-Washington-D-C-Told-Us-To-Target-Tea-Party-Oragnizations

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) revealed new testimony from IRS employees on CNN's State of The Union on Sunday. According to transcribed excerpts released by the Committee, a Cincinnati IRS employee made it clear they were told by Washington, D.C. personnel to give extra scrutiny to Tea Party groups:

<blockquote class="webkit-indent-blockquote" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 40px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor;">Q: In early 2010, was there a time when you became aware of applications that referenced Tea Party or other conservative groups?
    A: In March of 2010, I was made aware.
    Q: Okay. Now, was there a point around this time period when [your supervisor] asked you to do a search for similar applications?
    A: Yes.
    Q: To the best of your recollection, when was this request made?
    A: Sometime in early March of 2010.
    Q: Did [your supervisor] give you any indication of the need for the search, any more context?
    A: He told me that Washington, D.C., wanted some cases.

Q: So as of April 2010, these 40 cases were held at that moment in your group; is that right?
    A: Some were.
    Q: How many were held there?
    A: Less than 40. Some went to Washington, D.C.
    Q: Okay. How many went to Washington, D.C.?
    A: I sent seven.
    Q: So you prepared seven hard copy versions of the applications to go to Washington, D.C.?
    A: Correct.
    Q: Did he give you any sort of indication as to why he requested you to do that?
    […]
    A: He said Washington, D.C. wanted seven. Because at one point I believe I heard they were thinking 10, but it came down to seven. I said okay, seven.
    Q: How did you decide which seven were sent?
    A: Just the first seven.
    Q: The first seven to come into the system?
    Q: Did anyone else ever make a request that you send any cases to Washington?
    A: [Different IRS employee] wanted to have two cases that she couldn't -- Washington, D.C. wanted them, but she couldn't find the paper. So she requested me, through an email, to find these cases for her and to send them to Washington, D.C.
    Q: When was this, what time frame?
    A: I don't recall the time frame, maybe May of 2010.
    Q: But just to be clear, she told you the specific names of these applicants.
    Q: And she told you that Washington, D.C. had requested these two specific applications be sent to D.C.
    A: Yes, or parts of them.
    Q: Okay. So she asked you to send particular parts of these applications.
    A: Mm-hmm.
    Q: And that was unusual. Did you say that?
    Q: And she indicated that Washington had requested these specific parts of these specific applications; is that right?
    A: Correct.
    Q: So what do you think about this, that allegation has been made, I think as you have seen in lots of press reports, that there were two rogue agents in Cincinnati that are sort of responsible for all of the issues that we have been talking about today. What do you think about those allegations?
    […]
    A: It's impossible. As an agent we are controlled by many, many people. We have to submit many, many reports. So the chance of two agents being rogue and doing things like that could never happen.
    Q: And you've heard, I'm sure, news reports about individuals here in Washington saying this is a problem that was originated in and contained in the Cincinnati office, and that it was the Cincinnati office that was at fault. What is your reaction to those types of stories?
    […]
    A: Well, it's hard to answer the question because in my mind I still hear people saying we were low-level employees, so we were lower than dirt, according to people in D.C. So, take it for what it is. They were basically throwing us underneath the bus.
    Q: So is it your perspective that ultimately the responsible parties for the decisions that were reported by the IG are not in the Cincinnati office?
    A: I don't know how to answer that question. I mean, from an agent standpoint, we didn't do anything wrong. We followed directions based on other people telling us what to do.
    Q: And you ultimately followed directions from Washington; is that correct?
    A: If direction had come down from Washington, yes.
    Q: But with respect to the particular scrutiny that was given to Tea Party applications, those directions emanated from Washington; is that right?
    A: I believe so.
    </blockquote>A more senior IRS Cincinnati employee complained about micromanagement from D.C.:
    <blockquote class="webkit-indent-blockquote" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 40px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor;">Q: But you specifically recall that the BOLO terms included "Tea Party?"
    A: Yes, I do.
    Q: And it was your understanding -- was it your understanding that the purpose of the BOLO was to identify Tea Party groups?
    A: That is correct.
    Q: Was it your understanding that the purpose of the BOLO was to identify conservative groups?
    A: Yes, it was.
    Q: Was it your understanding that the purpose of the BOLO was to identify Republican groups?
    A: Yes, it was.
    Q: Earlier I believe you informed us that the primary reason for applying for another job in July [2010] was because of the micromanagement from [Washington, DC, IRS Attorney], is that correct?
    A: Right. It was the whole Tea Party. It was the whole picture. I mean, it was the micromanagement. The fact that the subject area was extremely sensitive and it was something that I didn't want to be associated with.
    Q: Why didn't you want to be associated with it?
    A: For what happened now. I mean, rogue agent? Even though I was taking all my direction from EO Technical [Washington, D.C], I didn't want my name in the paper for being this rogue agent for a project I had no control over.
    Q: Did you think there was something inappropriate about what was happening in 2010?
    A: Yes. The inappropriateness was not processing these applications fairly and timely.
    Q: You have stated you had concerns with the fairness and the timeliness of the application process. Did you have concerns with just the fact that these cases were grouped together and you were the only one handling them?
    A: I was the only one handling the Tea Party's, that is correct.
    Q: Did that specifically cause you concern?
    A: Yes, it did. And I was the only person handling them.
    Q: Were you concerned that you didn't have the capacity to process all of the applications in a timely manner?
    A: That is correct. And it is just -- I mean, like you brought up, the micromanagement, the fact that the topic was just weirdly handled was a huge concern to me.
    </blockquote>Twenty-five Tea Party groups are suing the IRS, Attorney General Eric Holder and senior IRS officials, claiming the Obama administration unlawfully targeted their groups because of their political beliefs.
    The Oversight Committee will be conducting hearings this week focusing on the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration report on excessive IRS conference spending and abuses of taxpayer dollars. Chairman Issa sent a letter to then-IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman in April, 2012 regarding the agency's bloated spending habits. According to the Committee, the IRS spent $50 million on at least 220 conferences between 2010 and 2012.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.... For from His fullness, we have all received and grace upon grace. For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever yet seen God. The only begotten God, the One being in the bosom of the Father, He has made Him known. - Berean Literal Bible
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

IRS Employee: D.C. Told Us To Target Tea Party Empty Re: IRS Employee: D.C. Told Us To Target Tea Party

Post by Neno Sun 02 Jun 2013, 5:33 pm

There you go, a reason to rid the Federal Government rids the Federal reserve and the IRS... ;)
    elandur
    elandur
    Getting It Investor
    Getting It Investor

IRS Employee: D.C. Told Us To Target Tea Party Empty Re: IRS Employee: D.C. Told Us To Target Tea Party

Post by elandur Mon 03 Jun 2013, 11:30 am

Sounds like a very good time to eliminate the IRS (or at least prune it back SIGNIFICANTLY). I don't care if it is the FAIR Tax, or the FLAT Tax; one or the other. I personally like the FAIR Tax best, but I will settle for the Flat Tax as long as it includes the virtual elimination of the IRS. Under no circumstances do I want to see a GST (Value-added tax), nor do I want a combination of an income tax (Flat tax) and national sales tax (Fair Tax).

If we are to get rid of the income tax, we will also need a constitutional amendment repealing the 16th amendment (this is the problem with the Fair Tax). If we go with the Flat Tax, we need some sort of way of ensuring that the flat tax doesn't morph back into a graduated tax with all the bells and whistles. Under Reagan, we flattened the tax structure, eliminating deductions and going to just two tax brackets. Today, we have 6 brackets, and now they are talking about eliminating the rest of our deductions (including the home mortgage deduction) in order to take us back down to 2 brackets. I feel like I am being swallowed by a boa constrictor, an inch at a time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 4:20 am