Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Brussels Contemplates Outlawing Short Selling on European Bank Stocks

Lobo
    Lobo

Brussels Contemplates Outlawing Short Selling on European Bank Stocks Empty Brussels Contemplates Outlawing Short Selling on European Bank Stocks

Post by Lobo Sun 23 Oct 2016, 2:51 pm

Brussels Contemplates Outlawing Short Selling on European Bank Stocks EU-Parliament
    The European banks are in much worse shape than their US competition. The reason being argued in Europe is that the US government imposed a ban on speculation after the financial crisis. However, that was imposed on September 19, 2008, and it ended on October 9, 2008. But some Europeans claim that is why US banks survived and want to outlaw short selling on banks stocks in Europe. The problem with this proposal running around behind the curtain is that Brussels would lead, not to short selling, but wholesale liquidation. They would have to suspend all trading, period. The problem is that it would not last for more than one month, as was the case in the United States. This would only destroy confidence in Europe altogether.
    https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/europes-current-economy/brussels-contemplating-outlawing-short-selling-on-european-bank-stocks/

Current date/time is Sat 27 Jul 2024, 1:46 am