Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Manhattan

Lobo
    Lobo

Manhattan Empty Manhattan

Post by Lobo Fri 09 Dec 2016, 5:17 pm

Manhattan Img100l
    Manhattan

Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 0 minutes
    Servings: 1
    Courtesy of Schiller’s Liquor Bar in New York City, this is “Professor” Jerry Thomas’s original recipe for the celebrated Manhattan cocktail. Working as a bartender and saloon owner in the mid- to late nineteenth century, Thomas was renowned for mixing drinks with great showmanship and is still considered the godfather of the New York cocktail craft.

What makes this recipe different from a traditional Manhattan is the proportion of sweet vermouth to rye whiskey and the addition of orange-flavored liqueur. These subtle variations give this cocktail a sweetness that makes it more palatable and complex.

Ingredients:

• 3/4 fl. oz. (23 ml) rye whiskey
    • 1 3/4 fl. oz. (53 ml) sweet vermouth
    • 1/4 fl. oz. (8 ml) Grand Marnier
    • 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
    • Ice as needed
    • 1 lemon twist for garnish

Related Recipes

Directions:

Pour the rye whiskey, sweet vermouth, Grand Marnier and bitters into a mixing glass.

Add ice and stir well with a bar spoon for 40 to 45 revolutions.

Strain into a chilled 5-fl.-oz. (160-ml) martini glass and garnish with a lemon twist. Serves 1.

Adapted from Schiller’s Liquor Bar Cocktail Collection: The Bartender’s Guide, by Keith McNally & Richard Bubbico (Clarkson Potter, 2013).

Current date/time is Sat 27 Jul 2024, 3:06 am