parliament votes unanimously on the date of the elections and obligates the government on conditions to carry it out[/size][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
57 minutes ago
Twilight News / The Iraqi Council of Representatives held its regular session on Monday under the chairmanship of Salim al-Jubouri and the presence of members of various parliamentary blocs.
A parliamentary source told Asharq Al-Awsat that the council voted unanimously on the date of the constitutional elections scheduled for May 12, 2018.
The source explained that the Council committed the federal government on conditions for holding elections as follows:
1. Provide a safe environment for holding elections and returning displaced persons.
2. Dependence on electronic voting in all regions.
3 - inventory of weapons in the hands of the state during the period of electoral propaganda.
3. Ensure that parties with armed wings do not participate.
4. Increased preparation of local and international observers.
5- Provide ballot boxes for the displaced.
6. The Parliament shall monitor these obligations through its competent committees.
7. To rely on electronic voting in all regions.