Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

5 Kurdish parties call for the UNAMI mission to remain in Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

5 Kurdish parties call for the UNAMI mission to remain in Iraq Empty 5 Kurdish parties call for the UNAMI mission to remain in Iraq

Post by Rocky Mon 27 May 2024, 7:40 am

5 Kurdish parties call for the UNAMI mission to remain in Iraq

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2024-05-27 05:26
    Font

Shafaq News/ Independent Kurdish politician Sardar Abdullah revealed, on Monday, the details of a meeting of major Kurdish parties in Sulaymaniyah to discuss whether or not the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) will remain in the country.

Abdullah said during a press conference attended by Shafaq News Agency, “A special meeting was held today in Sulaymaniyah in the presence of representatives of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, the Change Movement, the Kurdistan Islamic Justice Group, and the Kurdistan Islamic Union, to discuss the issue of the survival of the UNAMI mission in Iraq.” .

He stated that "all parties in the Kurdish community stressed the necessity of the presence of the UNAMI mission in Iraq due to its pioneering role in supporting the Iraqi government in the previous stage and its positive effects on the country."

He pointed out that "the parties agreed to submit two letters from them, the first to the UN Security Council and the second to Iraqi Prime Minister Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani," stressing that "the parties agreed on the need for the mission to remain and to send the letters before the Security Council meets next Thursday to discuss the continued withdrawal of the UNAMI mission from Iraq." ".

Abdullah added, “At the end of May of every year, Iraq submits a memorandum to the UN Security Council stating its position on whether or not this mission remains,” noting that “the UN Security Council sent a specialized committee a month ago, and that committee held more than 250 meetings.” “I met with the various Iraqi parties and wrote their report, and all the Kurdish parties found it necessary for the United Nations mission to remain in Iraq for the next stage.”

On May 21, in a letter addressed to the Secretary-General of the United Nations, António Guterres, Prime Minister Muhammad Shia al-Sudani had officially requested the final end of the mandate of its mission to provide assistance to Iraq, UNAMI, as of December 31, 2025, provided that Its efforts during the remainder of this year will be limited to completing its work only in the files of economic reform, service provision, sustainable development, climate change, and other development aspects.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 17 Jun 2024, 10:54 am