Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Stopping imports within 24 months.. Will Iraq become a gas exporter by 2028?

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Stopping imports within 24 months.. Will Iraq become a gas exporter by 2028? Empty Stopping imports within 24 months.. Will Iraq become a gas exporter by 2028?

Post by Rocky Fri 02 Aug 2024, 4:54 am

Stopping imports within 24 months.. Will Iraq become a gas exporter by 2028?
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |Today,
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+A
    -A

Baghdad Today - Baghdad
    MP Ali Al-Lami confirmed, today, Friday (August 2, 2024), the possibility of stopping gas imports within 24 months and switching to exports within 3 years.
    Al-Lami said in an interview with Baghdad Today, "A few months ago, Iraq offered 26 exploration blocks for natural gas spread across several governorates," noting that "only 13 blocks were submitted by companies to develop and extract gas according to the highest technical frameworks."
    He added, "Through readings of the expected production capacities, it can be said that within 48 months from now we can stop importing gas if the companies proceed according to the work stages prepared in their schedules, and after that we can move to a stage that requires continuous work for a period of up to 3 years to reach the stage of being able to export."
    He pointed out that "the search for and extraction of gas will give a clearer idea about the size of the actual reserves, which we expect will be a surprise, especially since all indicators are positive that we are facing areas rich in natural gas."
    Iraq currently produces about two thousand megawatts of gas, while it is expected to add about two thousand more megawatts to reach a production of 4 thousand megawatts. However, experts say that this quantity will not be enough for Iraq to produce electricity, and it will continue to need to import gas from abroad.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 09 Sep 2024, 1:57 am