Charred Corn Salad
Write a Review
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Tossed with a sprightly vinaigrette, this salad makes a wonderful accompaniment to grilled meats and poultry.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs. fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp. diced chipotle chili in adobo, plus 1 Tbs. adobo sauce
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 6 ears of corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro, plus cilantro leaves for garnish
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup diced jicama
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
Wine PairingThis pairs well with rich, medium-bodied white wines like the John Duval Plexus Blanc Barossa Valley from our Wine Club.
Directions:In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, orange juice, chipotle chili and adobo sauce, 1 tsp. of the salt, the garlic, honey and the 1/4 cup olive oil until smooth. Set the vinaigrette aside.
Prepare a hot fire in a grill or preheat a grill pan over high heat.
Rub the ears of corn with the 2 Tbs. olive oil and the remaining 1 tsp. salt. Grill the corn, turning occasionally, until charred in spots, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a platter.
When the corn is cool enough to handle, remove the kernels from the cobs and place the kernels in a large bowl. Add the black beans, chopped cilantro, tomatoes, jicama, onion and vinaigrette and stir until well combined. Garnish with the cilantro leaves. Serve the salad at room temperature. Serves 6 to 8.
- All About Corn