Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

North Korea Releases Dam Water Into South Without Warning

Lobo
    Lobo

North Korea Releases Dam Water Into South Without Warning  Empty North Korea Releases Dam Water Into South Without Warning

Post by Lobo Wed 06 Jul 2016, 4:11 pm

North Korea Releases Dam Water Into South Without Warning

North Korea Releases Dam Water Into South Without Warning  F885E82C-7704-4827-B847-F18A3F25FB18_w640_r1_s_cx3_cy2_cw95
    FILE - A South Korean army soldier standing on a bridge searches for missing people swept away by sudden rising water in the Imjin River near the demilitarized zone separating the two Koreas.

VOA News
    Last updated on: July 06, 2016 10:06 AM
    North Korea released water from a dam near its border with the South without warning early Wednesday morning, increasing fears of floods in areas already hit by heavy rainfall in recent days.
    The North did not notify South Korean officials in advance of the floodgates opening.
    Seoul has said it does not believe that Pyongyang would engage in a "flooding attack," but monitors water levels at the Hwanggang Dam closely.
    No major injuries or damages have been reported from Wednesday's discharge, but South Korea has evacuated residents who live along the Imjin river.
    Residents in areas prone to mudslides and flooding had been evacuated earlier this week following days of heavy rainfall.
    North Korea Releases Dam Water Into South Without Warning  35F5FAC7-E421-44DC-9569-C4C25E38AE9A_w640_s
    Not first time

North Korea released water from the dam without warning in 2009, killing six South Koreans camping downstream. After that incident Pyongyang agreed to give notice before releasing water from the dam.
    South Korea's Yonhap news agency says the North also opened the dam's floodgates twice in May without warning. No injuries were reported in either incident.
    The North Korean dam is located about 42 kilometers north of the border and is believed to have a full capacity of about 300 million to 400 million tons.
    http://world.einnews.com/article/334154582/kLWd8zp8KhWY6oxU

Current date/time is Sat 05 Oct 2024, 1:10 pm