Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

US gasoline prices rise and crude oil falls as Harvey's refineries are affected

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

US gasoline prices rise and crude oil falls as Harvey's refineries are affected Empty US gasoline prices rise and crude oil falls as Harvey's refineries are affected

Post by Rocky Tue 29 Aug 2017, 4:09 am

US gasoline prices rise and crude oil falls as Harvey's refineries are affected

29/08/2017

Gasoline prices soared to a two-year high on Tuesday, with several refineries and generators shut down by tropical storm Harvey, while US crude futures fell more than 2.5 percent as crude supplies surged.

The stormy floods forced several refineries to stop along the US coast on the Gulf of Mexico. Sources said the Motiva refinery in Port Arthur, Texas, the country's largest refinery, was considering closing with water leaks to the complex. The sources said Motiva intends to take a final decision on Tuesday morning.

"This flood problem may continue, which will prevent staff from reaching the facilities," said John Keldof of hedge fund Aegin Capital in New York. "Gasoline inventories may decline rapidly if there is an extended interruption."

US gasoline futures rose 7 percent to $ 1,7799 a gallon, their highest since late July 2015 and then closed at $ 1,7123, up more than 3 percent.

On the other hand, US crude prices fell due to refinery stoppages, which could reduce demand for crude oil.

US crude <WTI> fell $ 1.30, or 2.7 percent, to settle at $ 46.57. Brent crude was down 52 cents, or about 1 percent, at $ 51.89 a barrel.

West Texas's Brent discount added to $ 5.64 in deals, the highest level in two years.

http://aletejahtv.org/permalink/178990.html

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:21 pm