Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Reach: 52% of IDPs in Iraq refuse to return to their areas

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Reach: 52% of IDPs in Iraq refuse to return to their areas Empty Reach: 52% of IDPs in Iraq refuse to return to their areas

Post by Rocky Tue 20 Feb 2018, 9:05 am

Reach: 52% of IDPs in Iraq refuse to return to their areas
    February 20 2018 05:51 PM
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [rtl][rtl][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] persons[/rtl]
    [/rtl]
    Baghdad Post
    [size][rtl]

The International Reach organization reported on Tuesday that 52 percent of the displaced do not intend to return to their original areas of residence, and 21 percent refuse to return for fear of war debris, environmental pollution and destruction of their property.

"In partnership with the camp coordination team," REACH conducted a nationwide survey of IDP camps between December 12, 2017 and December 14, "UNAMI said in a press release obtained by Baghdad Post. Second 2018, to know their intentions to return to their areas of residence. "

"The survey showed that 52% of the interviewees did not intend to return to their homes. Of those who do not intend to return, 21% said this was due to the possibility of improvised explosive devices and unexploded ordnance. IDPs who have been surveyed do not intend to return home for fear of pollution caused by explosive hazards in or around their homes. "

"If the removal of explosive risks, including improvised explosive devices, is delayed, the possibility of the return of displaced persons is reduced, and the ability of the Government of Iraq and the international community to undertake important interventions during the post-conflict period is reduced," UNAMI said.

"More than 50 percent of those displaced in Iraq because of the military buildup and operations have returned to their homes after the defeat of the Dahesh organization."

"The United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) has been operating in the Greater Mosul area since November 2016. It has recently begun its survey and clearance operations in the old city of western Mosul, complementing the work of the Government of Iraq."

"In the course of the operations, the complexity and diversity of the materials collected can only be described as spectacular and unprecedented. Among these items are a number of conventional munitions, improvised explosive devices, air-dropped munitions and munitions stockpiles belonging to a sympathetic organization, The removal activities have been further complicated by the presence of most of the pollution sources in Mosul under the rubble of dilapidated buildings. "

UNAMI stressed that "the United Nations Mine Action Service and implementing partners working in the old city of Mosul have issued a large number of reports on explosive hazards, especially in the vicinity of homes as displaced persons return to their homes."

"The presence of clearance teams of the United Nations Mine Action Service in the Old City provides an opportunity for the population to report suspicious objects and remove them directly from teams, but the number of reports from the population about the explosive risks is expected to increase as the number of returnees increases" .

"The European Union's ambassador to Iraq, Ramón Biluka, said this clearly demonstrates the EU's commitment to face explosive risks and the elimination of explosive risks is a prerequisite for restoring stability," he said.

"As the head of the Coalition's Explosive Risk Management Subcommittee, the EU is determined to tackle this disaster mainly and support Iraq to strengthen the government's efforts in strategic coordination mechanisms," he said. "All these efforts will bring about the safe return of Iraqis who have suffered for long periods of time."

"We are removing explosive dangers from roads, under bridges, from power stations and water treatment plants, from schools and infrastructure, so that IDPs displaced by the conflict can return to their homes and start working again, start educating their children and participating in the community to live Normal life ".

"This would be impossible without the support we get from our donors," he said. "We are very grateful for the European Union's strong support."

[/rtl][/size]

Current date/time is Fri 26 Jul 2024, 10:37 pm