Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Abadi urges Arab unity to combat terrorism, promote stability

jedi17
    jedi17

Abadi urges Arab unity to combat terrorism, promote stability Empty Abadi urges Arab unity to combat terrorism, promote stability

Post by jedi17 Wed 29 Mar 2017, 8:27 pm

Abadi urges Arab unity to combat terrorism, promote stability

Haider al-Abadi said Arab countries “should have a united stance against any violations of the national sovereignty of Iraq or any other Arab country.”

He said that any attempt to violate the sovereignty of Arab nations should be considered “a red line in our relations with countries.”

Abadi also urged unity in combatting terrorism, saying that defeating ISIS in Iraq does not mean the end of terror, but rather terrorism must be eradicated across Arab countries.

“I do not think any country alone can enjoy security and stability. Our happiness is connected with the liberation of our land. Expelling ISIS alone cannot bring an end to terror, but the terror has to be defeated in all Arab countries, the region, and the world as they have also faced this threat.”

The Iraqi PM deemed it significant that relations between countries should be formed “on the basis of trust, respect for sovereignty, not meddling in affairs, assisting, and exchanging interests.”

Abadi emphasized that “Iraq is now more united than at any other time. If it was not because of this unity, we would not be able to liberate our land and defeat ISIS militants, criminals, and terrorists.”

He named the different forces fighting ISIS in Iraq, the Kurdish Peshmerga and the Iraqi armed forces, including the Hashd al-Shaabi, and expressed appreciation for them.

“From here, I would like to salute the Iraqi security forces… for the advance they made on Mosul. Salute the sacrifice the brave Iraqi nation showed, salute to the Peshmerga, Hashd al-Shaabi, volunteers, internal armed groups, and the youth of the tribes. Salute to the souls of the martyrs, wounded ones, and their dear families.”

“Iraq is entering a new phase now as ISIS is being driven out of its borders,” he explained, adding that “this phase is not for Iraq alone, but also the Arab and surrounding countries. We need to boost cooperation with each other, merge our strengths, and exchange our security and intelligence information in an effort to deter the return of ISIS.”

Secretary General of the United Nations, Antonio Guterres, shared a similar message of unity in his address to the Arab League leaders meeting in Amman.

“Divisions in the Arab world have opened the door to foreign intervention and manipulation, breeding instability, sectarian strife and terrorism,” Guterres said.

“At this time of transition and upheaval, unity will be critical,” he added, noting that the UN stands ready to work with Arab nations to end conflicts in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, and Libya.

At the Amman Summit, Abadi met with the Saudi king, according to a statement from the prime minister’s media office.

They discussed boosting relations between both countries in terms of trade, economy, investment, and security coordination.

Military victories against ISIS were also discussed.

Current date/time is Tue 25 Jun 2024, 7:55 pm