Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality


Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality


Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020


+2
csd9013
Neno
6 posters

US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002

Neno
Neno
Admin
Admin


Posts : 10936
Join date : 2012-12-17
Age : 59
Location : Lone Star State

US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002 Empty US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002

Post by Neno Sat 26 Oct 2013, 6:28 pm

Report: US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002
October 26, 2013 2:27PM ET
Magazine also says Obama told the German chancellor he would have stopped spying on her if he had known about it
Topics:
US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002 Src.adapt.960.high.1382814934683

German Chancellor Angela Merkel's phone may have been tapped by the NSA for more than ten years, Der Spiegel reported.Yves Herman/AFP/Getty Images

The United States may have bugged Angela Merkel's phone for more than 10 years, according to a news report Saturday that also said President Barack Obama told the German leader he would have stopped it from happening if he had known about it.
Germany's outrage over reports about Merkel’s phone being tapped by the National Security Agency prompted German officials to summon the U.S. ambassador this week in an unprecedented postwar diplomatic rift.

German magazine Der Spiegel said Merkel's mobile telephone had been listed by the NSA's Special Collection Service (SCS) since 2002 – marked as "GE Chancellor Merkel" – and was still on the list weeks before Obama visited Berlin in June.

In an SCS document cited by the magazine, the agency said it had a "not legally registered spying branch" in the U.S. embassy in Berlin, the exposure of which would lead to "grave damage for the relations of the United States to another government."

From there, NSA and CIA staff were tapping communications in Berlin's government district with high-tech surveillance.

Quoting a secret document from 2010, Der Spiegel said such branches existed in about 80 locations around the world, including Paris, Madrid, Rome, Prague, Geneva and Frankfurt.

The magazine said it was not clear whether the SCS had recorded conversations or just connection data.

Obama apologizes

Obama apologized to Merkel when she called him Wednesday to seek clarification on the issue, Der Spiegel wrote, citing a source in Merkel's office.

Obama told Merkel he had not known of the bugging, the German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung said.

Merkel's spokesman and the White House declined comment.

"We're not going to comment on the details of our diplomatic discussions," said Caitlin Hayden, a spokeswoman for the National Security Council at the White House.

Reuters

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2013/10/26/us-may-have-buggedangelamerkelsphonesince2002report.html
csd9013
csd9013
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 1317
Join date : 2012-12-19
Location : Mt. Pleasant, TX

US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002 Empty Re: US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002

Post by csd9013 Sat 26 Oct 2013, 6:45 pm

Every time Obama gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar, he didn't know about it. For a president he sure is left out of the loop a lot. NOT!
mochasmom
mochasmom
Interacting Investor
Interacting Investor


Posts : 2993
Join date : 2012-12-19

US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002 Empty Re: US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002

Post by mochasmom Sat 26 Oct 2013, 7:11 pm

So true Csd, trust that he knows everything that's going on...he's such a good liar
kelnchp
kelnchp
Cain't Let Go Investor
Cain't Let Go Investor


Posts : 268
Join date : 2012-12-31
Age : 51
Location : Wisconsin

US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002 Empty Re: US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002

Post by kelnchp Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:38 am

csd9013 wrote:Every time Obama gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar, he didn't know about it. For a president he sure is left out of the loop a lot. NOT!
I just wonder how long our allies will take this crap??
csd9013
csd9013
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 1317
Join date : 2012-12-19
Location : Mt. Pleasant, TX

US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002 Empty Re: US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002

Post by csd9013 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 1:30 pm

kelnchp wrote:I just wonder how long our allies will take this crap??
As long as the US keeps giving the money they will put up with it. I think our allies have lost all respect for the US and never had any for Obama.
Bama Diva
Bama Diva
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 1573
Join date : 2012-12-21
Location : Gulf Coast

US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002 Empty Barack Obama knew about NSA's spying on Angela Merkel: Report

Post by Bama Diva Sun 27 Oct 2013, 5:25 pm

 

Barack Obama knew about NSA's spying on Angela Merkel: Report 
 27 Oct, 2013, 12.48PM


BERLIN: US President Barack Obama knew that German Chancellor Angela Merkel's mobile phone was being tapped and personally approved the spying, which may have begun as early as 2002, a damning media report said today.

Obama was informed about the National Security Agency's tapping of Merkel's mobile phone already in 2010 by its director Keith Alexander, Bild am Sonntag newspaper reported, widening the espionage scandal.

The president "not only did not stop the operation, but he also ordered it to continue," a high-ranking NSA official was quoted as saying by the paper.

The White House later ordered the spy agency to prepare a detailed dossier on the chancellor.

President Obama did not trust Merkel and wanted to know everything about her, Bild said quoting the official, who was not identified.

Subsequently, the NSA stepped up its surveillance of Merkel and snooped into all conversations made with her mobile phone in communicating with her party colleagues, the newspaper said.

The agency also cracked the codes of a new supposedly tap-proof mobile phone she has been using since the middle of this year, the newspaper said.

This showed that the NSA continued its spying on the chancellor until very recently, it said.

Merkel's conversation from her office via fixed line phones, which she used to communicate with other world leaders, was secure from eavesdropping, the newspaper said.

A report today also claimed that President Obama had assured chancellor Merkel during a telephone conversation last Wednesday that he was not aware of the NSA's spying on her.

When Merkel called him to complain about the suspected surveillance by the NSA, President Obama told her that he would have stopped it if he knew about it, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reported.

Bild said President Obama's interest in information about Merkel was evident from the fact that intelligence gathered by the NSA did not go as usual to its headquarters in Fort Meade, in Maryland, but directly to the White House.

Another report in weekly news magazine Der Spiegel said NSA may also have spied on the entire government complex in Berlin from the nearby American embassy.

Leaked NSA documents showed that Merkel's phone had appeared on a list of spying targets since 2002, and was still under surveillance shortly before Obama visited Berlin in June, it said.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/et-cetera/barack-obama-knew-about-nsas-spying-on-angela-merkel-report/articleshow/24774884.cms
mochasmom
mochasmom
Interacting Investor
Interacting Investor


Posts : 2993
Join date : 2012-12-19

US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002 Empty Re: US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002

Post by mochasmom Sun 27 Oct 2013, 6:57 pm

He's a liar.  Period.
Pot Au Feu
Pot Au Feu
Quiet Investor
Quiet Investor


Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-12-20

US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002 Empty Re: US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002

Post by Pot Au Feu Mon 28 Oct 2013, 2:58 am

No he is not.  Every time there is something that started under the previous corrupt administration, and it is found out recently, those who cannot admit that they are bigoted cry that President Obama "should have known" and that he is a liar.  Get over it!   History will find that Obama is one of the all-time great presidents and those who have stood in his way and obstructed economic recovery and progress will, over time, develop "amnesia" about their part in preventing timely full economic recovery.  I am sick of hearing how there are "makers and takers" who are the struggling poor, while corporations who rake in multiples of billions of dollars in annual profits, and do not pay taxes and in many instances actually get rebates in subsidies from the government continue to rape the taxpayer by not providing a living wage, health insurance for their employees and, in fact, raid and do away with pension funds that have been built over 20-30 years, leaving a loyal, steadfast retiree with insufficient funding to live out the rest of his life in dignity.  Disgusting!  When corporations don't give back a portion of what they take from a community, they put that city, county, state in dire financial straights by having taxpayers pick up the cost of urgent care for those who cannot afford to buy or are prevented from buying health insurance because of pre-existing conditions limitations.  The worst part is those who stand by and DO NOTHING but berate those they believe are "living off the public dole"...when the greatest fraud is perpetrated by large corporations who do not re-invest in this country, but hide assets off-shore...TOTALLY UNPATRIOTIC and selfish!  ESPECIALLY considering current economy.  There is a hate-filled faction that will never accept that we have a black president, and would rather bring this country down than to step away from the idiocy to cooperate and then to push to get a jobs bill through.  Our infrastructure is collapsing and killing Americans:  bridges, trains, highways, schools with mold, non-working plumbing, heating and cooling systems, subways, sink-holes caused by fracking, poorly maintained oil and gas pipelines where whole towns are dredged in tens of thousands of gallons of oil spills...the nastiest kind of oil drawn from shale...and STILL, the ignorant, hate-filled, will shake a fist at the current administration and continue to re-elect those idiot Tea Party politicians who REFUSE to discuss legislation which may do more GOOD than HARM out of fear that President Obama will "get credit" for anything good, any progress.  IDIOTS!  AND what is WORSE are those pea-brains that stand on the sidelines and cheer on the traitors who refuse to do the right thing by the American people!  Wake up!  This is not an attempt to engage a "dialog" or to debate.  I have been tuning in just to keep track of my investment and have, so far, just figured that I will wait out the insanity of the nasty comments about my President, because, eventually, I'd be able to make a good return on my investment and then do good works with it.  SOMETHING good hopefully will come out of the loss of human life and loss of monetary treasure since the invasion of Iraq on March 19, 2003, when there were no WMD's and Cheney outted Valerie Plame and put many covert operators' lives in danger.   STOP OBSTRUCTING PROGRESS OR SUPPORTING THE CONTINUING OBSTRUCTION BY EITHER DOING NOTHING OR CONTRIBUTING TO THE OBSTRUCTION.
csd9013
csd9013
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 1317
Join date : 2012-12-19
Location : Mt. Pleasant, TX

US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002 Empty Re: US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002

Post by csd9013 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 7:41 am

Pot Au Feu wrote:No he is not.  Every time there is something that started under the previous corrupt administration, and it is found out recently, those who cannot admit that they are bigoted cry that President Obama "should have known" and that he is a liar.  Get over it!   History will find that Obama is one of the all-time great presidents and those who have stood in his way and obstructed economic recovery and progress will, over time, develop "amnesia" about their part in preventing timely full economic recovery.  I am sick of hearing how there are "makers and takers" who are the struggling poor, while corporations who rake in multiples of billions of dollars in annual profits, and do not pay taxes and in many instances actually get rebates in subsidies from the government continue to rape the taxpayer by not providing a living wage, health insurance for their employees and, in fact, raid and do away with pension funds that have been built over 20-30 years, leaving a loyal, steadfast retiree with insufficient funding to live out the rest of his life in dignity.  Disgusting!  When corporations don't give back a portion of what they take from a community, they put that city, county, state in dire financial straights by having taxpayers pick up the cost of urgent care for those who cannot afford to buy or are prevented from buying health insurance because of pre-existing conditions limitations.  The worst part is those who stand by and DO NOTHING but berate those they believe are "living off the public dole"...when the greatest fraud is perpetrated by large corporations who do not re-invest in this country, but hide assets off-shore...TOTALLY UNPATRIOTIC and selfish!  ESPECIALLY considering current economy.  There is a hate-filled faction that will never accept that we have a black president, and would rather bring this country down than to step away from the idiocy to cooperate and then to push to get a jobs bill through.  Our infrastructure is collapsing and killing Americans:  bridges, trains, highways, schools with mold, non-working plumbing, heating and cooling systems, subways, sink-holes caused by fracking, poorly maintained oil and gas pipelines where whole towns are dredged in tens of thousands of gallons of oil spills...the nastiest kind of oil drawn from shale...and STILL, the ignorant, hate-filled, will shake a fist at the current administration and continue to re-elect those idiot Tea Party politicians who REFUSE to discuss legislation which may do more GOOD than HARM out of fear that President Obama will "get credit" for anything good, any progress.  IDIOTS!  AND what is WORSE are those pea-brains that stand on the sidelines and cheer on the traitors who refuse to do the right thing by the American people!  Wake up!  This is not an attempt to engage a "dialog" or to debate.  I have been tuning in just to keep track of my investment and have, so far, just figured that I will wait out the insanity of the nasty comments about my President, because, eventually, I'd be able to make a good return on my investment and then do good works with it.  SOMETHING good hopefully will come out of the loss of human life and loss of monetary treasure since the invasion of Iraq on March 19, 2003, when there were no WMD's and Cheney outted Valerie Plame and put many covert operators' lives in danger.   STOP OBSTRUCTING PROGRESS OR SUPPORTING THE CONTINUING OBSTRUCTION BY EITHER DOING NOTHING OR CONTRIBUTING TO THE OBSTRUCTION.
It's not nice to call people names that can see Obama for what he is. Also, I see the mistakes Bush made. 

This is still America, land of the free and Obama ain't big enough to change that.
Bama Diva
Bama Diva
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 1573
Join date : 2012-12-21
Location : Gulf Coast

US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002 Empty Re: US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002

Post by Bama Diva Mon 28 Oct 2013, 11:03 am

O is systematically trying to destroy this country and what it has always stood for, brick by brick. If he can't get his way via his liberal friends in Congress he uses Executive Orders. 

Not a liar??? Really?  How on earth do you think he got ObamaCare pushed through Congress? Do you recall what he promised the one Senator he needed to get a majority vote?  And when the Senator realized he has been lied and manipulated, he resigned immediately.

And what did he promise the people about ObamaCare? We could keep our health plan if we like it? We could keep our doctor if we liked them?  Well, we see how that is going to wind up now right?  And the biggest of them all (regarding ObamaCare) it will save at least 2500.00 per family a year. Yeah right. Deductibles are skyrocketing and premiums are tripling. 

Then we could get into "shovel ready" jobs, etc, but the list is too long and I don't have all day :-)

Sponsored content


US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002 Empty Re: US may have bugged Merkel's phone since 2002

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Thu 26 Jan 2023, 10:23 pm