Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraq ranks fifth in the world in the impunity index

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraq ranks fifth in the world in the impunity index Empty Iraq ranks fifth in the world in the impunity index

Post by Rocky Fri 04 Nov 2022, 6:49 am

[size=38]Iraq ranks fifth in the world in the impunity index[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

November 4, 2022[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Baghdad/The Obelisk: The Committee to Protect Journalists ranked Iraq fifth in the world in this year's Global Impunity Index, after Somalia, Syria, South Sudan, and Afghanistan.
    The index highlights countries where members of the press are killed in retaliation for their reporting and the perpetrators are released, by counting the number of unsolved journalist murders as a percentage of each country's population.
    The Committee to Protect Journalists' Global Impunity Index for 2022 found that the vast majority of murderers of journalists continue with impunity. In about 80% of the 263 murders of journalists in retaliation for their work that took place in the world in the past decade, the perpetrators did not face Crimes no punishment.
    Somalia remained the worst ranked on the index for the eighth consecutive year, followed by Syria, South Sudan, Afghanistan and Iraq, in order, according to the committee.
    The index covers the period from September 1, 2012 to August 31, 2022.
    Each of these countries has appeared on CPJ's Index multiple times, as their history of conflict, political instability, and weak rule of law entrenches the persistent nature of impunity, making it less likely that authorities in these countries will devote the resources necessary to achieving justice for murdered journalists. “.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 2:57 am