Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

"100,000 foreigners"... Oil companies manipulate the law on employing Iraqis

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

"100,000 foreigners"... Oil companies manipulate the law on employing Iraqis Empty "100,000 foreigners"... Oil companies manipulate the law on employing Iraqis

Post by Rocky Sat 29 Jun 2024, 4:52 am

"100,000 foreigners"... Oil companies manipulate the law on employing Iraqis

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2024-06-29 03:48
    Font

Shafaq News/ Member of the Parliamentary Oil and Gas Committee, Kazem Al-Tawki, revealed on Saturday that the number of foreign workers in oil companies in Iraq has exceeded 100,000 workers, indicating that these companies are not committed to employing Iraqi workers.
    Al-Tawki explained to Shafaq News Agency, "The Parliamentary Oil and Gas Committee is closely following the work of oil companies operating in Iraq, and we have observed a significant increase in the number of foreign workers, especially in the oil fields, as the number of foreign workers in companies has exceeded 100,000 workers."
    Al-Tawki added, "Iraqi law stipulates that foreign companies must employ 80% of the Iraqi workforce, but companies did not abide by this law and preferred foreign workers over Iraqi workers."
    Al-Tawki continued, saying: “The Parliamentary Oil and Gas Committee will discuss, during the coming period, the issue of employing workers in foreign companies with the Ministry of Oil, to ensure compliance with the laws and enhance job opportunities for Iraqis.”
    The oil industry in Iraq is considered a fundamental pillar of the economy, as it contributes more than 90% of the state’s revenues, and the most prominent companies operating in this sector are “Shell, ExxonMobil, and BP.” Companies face challenges in complying with local laws, especially with regard to employing Iraqi labor. .
    Iraqi university graduates from time to time organize protest demonstrations in front of the doors of these companies to demand employment, and their demonstrations are sometimes forcibly broken up.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 01 Jul 2024, 8:36 am