Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Tavares named to All-Star Game

jedi17
    jedi17

Tavares named to All-Star Game Empty Tavares named to All-Star Game

Post by jedi17 Tue 10 Jan 2017, 11:49 am

Tavares named to All-Star Game
    January 10, 2017, 12:19 PM ET [6 Comments]
    Noel Fogelman
    Tavares named to All-Star Game Nyi New York Islanders Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @thefirstnoel19

Islanders captain John Tavares has been named to NHL All-Star Game in Los Angeles. This will be Tavares' fourth consecutive ASG. He is the lone Isles representative. Clearly the league has not watched Tavares 3-on-3 this season.

Tavares is having one of his worst season in his NHL career. He leads the team with 27 points and trails Anders Lee in goals with 11. Lee should have been the team's representative. The Isles hope that Tavares has another strong second half. 

Former Isles Kyle Okposo and Frans Nielsen have made their first All-Star games. Isles fans will get their wish for one day as Devils forward Taylor Hall will be on Tavares wing.

The captain was asked yet again yesterday about his future with the team, speaking with Newsday's Steven Marcus.

“I think for myself, I’ve always shown and talked about my commitment here. 
    Wanting to have success here and keep building on some of the good things we’ve done. Obviously, this [low] point’s been disappointing.’’

His answers have not changed making it 99.9% that the 2009 top overall pick re-signs with the Islanders.

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 6:46 am