Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The European Union is discussing today a new security mission for Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The European Union is discussing today a new security mission for Iraq Empty The European Union is discussing today a new security mission for Iraq

Post by Rocky Mon 19 Jun 2017, 2:33 am

The European Union is discussing today a new security mission for Iraq

Editorial date: 2017/6/19

Diplomats said the European Union could send a new security mission to help stabilize Iraq after the restoration of the city of Mosul, but they said the plans are still at an early stage.
    EU foreign ministers will hold their first debate on Monday in Luxembourg and will send an EU team to provide security advice and assistance and possibly train Iraqi security officials, a draft statement read by Reuters said.
    Diplomats said Iraq had formally requested EU help.
    While the move is small, any such effort could signal the end of France and Germany's aversion to EU involvement in the Middle East wars following the 2003 US-led invasion opposed by Berlin and Paris.
    The two countries have been engaged in fighting each other in Syria and Iraq, but European Union armies have struggled to work within the bloc despite extensive knowledge of non-combat training roles.
    The EU mission in Iraq was aimed at helping judges and police and was widely seen as a model of failure because it was too small and too short, an EU official said.
    Any EU mission may share a similar plan with NATO, which this month joined the US-led coalition against a preacher and is training more Iraqi soldiers.
    "We can not afford to allow a vacuum to happen after a crushing defeat. We and others are willing to intervene. We just need to decide how to do that," said an EU diplomat familiar with the discussions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:23 am