Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Qatar has lost half of its traditional investor base

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Qatar has lost half of its traditional investor base Empty Qatar has lost half of its traditional investor base

Post by Rocky Sat 12 Aug 2017, 3:22 am

Qatar has lost half of its traditional investor base

11/08/2017

Qatar is facing a rise in its borrowing bill if it goes to debt markets at a time when half of its traditional investor base has been lost and is moving towards Asia to attract new investors, local media reported on Friday.

"Both Qatar National Bank and Commercial Bank of Qatar and Doha Bank have begun to study financing options including loans and bonds, but in the current crisis lenders have to pay additional costs to offset the political risks of current developments," Bloomberg said.

Experts said Qatar's debt could attract some Asian investors who had already entered into the region's latest sovereign deals, while others expected the quality of Qatari banks' assets to deteriorate, pointing out that current levels did not reflect credit risk in the Doha banking system.

They also pointed out that the pricing depends mainly on the currency and the debt period. If Qatar decides to raise the debt ceiling for 5 years in dollars, the markets will not accept less than the interest rate at 3.50-3.75%, while Doha has several short-term benefits during the next two years .

QNB's chief executive said last month that the bank's expansion in Asia would help offset the impact of the Arab boycott and that the bank aims to reduce reliance on income from the domestic market from 63 percent to 50 percent by 2020.

A number of Gulf banks plan to withdraw their deposits in Qatari banks as they mature, according to sources with Bloomberg.

http://aletejahtv.org/permalink/176391.html

Current date/time is Thu 19 Sep 2024, 2:12 pm