Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Parliamentary: referendum secession paper pressure on the central government to apply Article 140

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Parliamentary: referendum secession paper pressure on the central government to apply Article 140 Empty Parliamentary: referendum secession paper pressure on the central government to apply Article 140

Post by Rocky Tue 15 Aug 2017, 3:15 am

Parliamentary: referendum secession paper pressure on the central government to apply Article 140

The representative of the National Alliance Hilal Sahlani, said Tuesday, that the draft referendum on secession is almost a pressure paper on the region and the central government to implement Article 140.

"The Kurdish delegation is trying to persuade the central government to give up the draft referendum in areas outside the borders of Kurdistan, in exchange for guarantees and guarantees for the implementation of Article 140 of the disputed areas, including Kirkuk," Sahlani said in a statement.

He pointed out that "there is no explicit provision in the Iraqi constitution talking about the referendum and the right to self-determination, and neighboring countries oppose the referendum and the independence of Kurdistan, so the subject of the referendum is almost a pressure paper on the region and the central government." Noting that "Article 8 of the Electoral Commission in Kurdistan, requires the region to appoint polling station staff representatives of political entities contrary to international standards."

"If the Kurds insist on conducting the referendum, especially in the disputed areas, including Kirkuk, there will be an international, regional and local conflict," he said.

The delegation of the Kurdistan Regional Government arrived yesterday afternoon to Baghdad to discuss the referendum on self-determination, scheduled to be held on the twenty-fifth of September.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 3:30 am