Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Abadi: 3 conditions for the participation of the Peshmerga administration "disputed"

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Abadi: 3 conditions for the participation of the Peshmerga administration "disputed" Empty Abadi: 3 conditions for the participation of the Peshmerga administration "disputed"

Post by Rocky Thu 02 Nov 2017, 2:38 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Abadi: 3 conditions for the participation of the Peshmerga administration "disputed"

 Baghdad / Range 

The language of escalation and accusations between Baghdad and Erbil returned after a week of optimism that prevailed in the atmosphere waiting for the outcome of the talks conducted by technical teams of the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government.
    Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi accused the Peshmerga factions of trying to drag the federal government into war by attacking the latter in disputed areas. 
    The Joint Operations Command announced that the Kurdish side had withdrawn from the redeployment agreement, pointing out that the Peshmerga forces had set up positions to block the progress of our units and promised to respond to the source of fire in the event of an attack. 
    Since last Thursday, federal forces have stopped their advance towards the Feshkhabur crossing after violent clashes with Peshmerga forces. The prime minister announced on Thursday the suspension of progress and giving 24 hours to technical teams to facilitate the deployment of federal forces. The deadline was extended more than once. On Tuesday, he announced the arrival of troops to the crossing with Turkey, but the Kurdish side denied this.
    "Some of the Peshmerga wings hit our Iraqi forces and are trying to drag us into war," the prime minister said during a meeting with a group of Iraqi journalists and media. "I ordered the military leaders in those areas to respond with the force of law to any attacks targeting them from those armed groups that do not follow the orders of the Peshmerga." 
    "I sent a technical team to the province of Nineveh, a few days ago, to find a formula for redeployment, not to negotiate," he said, pointing out that "the Kurds tried to resort to negotiate with our military technical team, but I was directed not to conduct any negotiations outside Baghdad." He stressed that "the technical team is legally mandated and the authority of the federal government to redeploy in the borders and disputed areas, which was controlled by Erbil after 2003."
    "I have agreed with the Kurdish side not to negotiate until after the cancellation of the referendum and the adoption of the constitution," the prime minister said, adding that "requests to respond to the negotiations from Erbil, but I postponed consideration until a court ruling on the referendum." 
    Abadi put conditions for the participation of the Peshmerga by holding the border areas, including that "its presence in the barracks and not military headquarters, and be subject to the decisions of the commander-in-chief, and is committed to carrying light weapons only." 
    But the prime minister said that "the American side began sending telegrams warning of the advance of our forces to Vishkhabur and the borders of Kurdistan with Turkey," adding that "this concern may be related to what is happening in Syria has nothing to do with Iraq."
    In the context of developments following the referendum in the Kurdistan region, Abadi said that "the Turkish side asked me to allow him to launch a military campaign against Erbil on behalf of Iraq, but I refused." Meanwhile, the Joint Operations Command said, "Through the high responsibility and wisdom shown by the President The Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces sent a high-level military technical delegation to hold a series of meetings with the security delegation from Erbil and give a period of several days in order to inject blood and protect the citizens, the leadership of the Territory and their delegation negotiator fully withdrew on Tuesday 31/10/2017 of the draft agreed upon Faint The federal team with them. " In a statement received by Al-Mada, the operations command said that "this was played by the time before them, and what they offered after all these negotiations and agreements and at the last minute is a return to below the first square and contrary to everything they agreed upon," stressing that "what They made it absolutely unacceptable. "
    "The Erbil side has been given a deadline to agree on the paper they negotiated and then turned away from it, unfortunately they are working to procrastinate and treachery to kill our troops as they did before and will not allow it." 
    The command stressed that "the federal forces are required to secure the areas and borders and the protection of civilians and has strict instructions not to clash and prevent bloodshed, but if the armed groups associated with Arbil fired missiles and shells and fire at federal forces and killed members and intimidate citizens, they will be pursued by the force of federal law and will not be safe" . The Joint Operations Command concluded its statement by stressing that "the interests of our people in all areas to be entered by the federal forces will be protected."
    In conjunction with these developments, the Army Chief of Staff inspected Lieutenant General Othman al-Ghanmi Qatif Zammar, Ayn Zalah and al-Baridiyah, west of Mosul. The military information cell, in a brief statement, said that "the Chief of Staff of the army and accompanied by the Director of Military Intelligence inspected Zammar, Ayn Zalah and al-Baradea and met with the leaders of the army and the federal police and the anti-terrorism apparatus."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 06 Oct 2024, 8:16 pm