Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

US to Build Three Military Bases in Kurdistan Region

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

US to Build Three Military Bases in Kurdistan Region Empty US to Build Three Military Bases in Kurdistan Region

Post by Rocky Sat 27 Sep 2014, 4:08 am

US to Build Three Military Bases in Kurdistan Region

BasNews, Erbil 

Pentagon is planning to build three different military bases in Iraqi Kurdistan region in a near future.

According to Kurdish sources, Washington wants to build more military presence in the region in the wake of recent Islamic State (IS) militants against Kurdistan region in northern Iraq.

BasNews has learned through a close source from the matter, that United States to build three military bases in Erbil and around the Kurdistan Capital.

One of the Military bases would be in Erbil, another one would be in Hareer military base a town north of Erbil and the third one would be in Atrush a town close to Dohuk, near the Turkish border, according to BasNews sources.

The Atrush base would be used for Apache Helicopters, as it flown in and out from the base.

However, the source that spoke on condition of anonymity, that none of the US military bases would be located in or close to Sulaimaniyah the second largest city in Kurdistan region, and close to Iranian border, due to presence of Iranian army and soldiers in the city. 

Earlier this week, Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Admiral John Kirby talked about the possibility of US military base in Iraqi Kurdistan in a near future.

‘I don’t want to mix Incirlik (US military base in Turkey) and Erbil. In Erbil, we have a mutual military operation center as US President Barack Obama revealed, where we have stationed drones and other weapons,’ said Kirby.

‘Erbil is important because it is close to the areas of northern Iraq that IS militants have controlled and wish to keep. For this reason Erbil is important. Since we decided to open military air bases in Erbil and Baghdad, their importance has become clearer day by day,” added Kirby.

Since the start of IS insurgent attacks against Iraqi Kurds, US warplanes has bombed the terrorist groups continually and Kurdish Peshmerga forces has been able to stop the Jihadi group advances.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 11:48 pm