Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Sea Ghost: New Russian Submarine is Stealthier Than a 'Black Hole'

Lobo
    Lobo

Sea Ghost: New Russian Submarine is Stealthier Than a 'Black Hole' Empty Sea Ghost: New Russian Submarine is Stealthier Than a 'Black Hole'

Post by Lobo Sat 02 Jan 2016, 2:45 pm

Sea Ghost: New Russian Submarine is Stealthier Than a 'Black Hole'

© Sputnik/ Alexei Danichev
    Russia
    16:18 02.01.2016(updated 16:19 02.01.2016) Get short URL

Russia’s newest silent submarine is even stealthier than its sneaky predecessor.

The stealth capabilities of Russia’s new Lada-class diesel-electric submarines far exceed those of their predecessors, Admiraty Shipyard’s CEO Alexander Buzakov told the Russian press.

According to Buzakov, the new vessels are even stealthier than Russian Kilo-class submarines, thought to be one of the quietest diesel-electric submarine classes in the world and dubbed "black holes" for their ability to "disappear” from sonars.

The new submarines are able to maintain such a low profile thanks to a clever implementation of a next-generation anti-reflective acoustic coating and a new improved hydro-acoustic system, Buzakov said.

He also added that during the new submarines’ construction and design process, the development team managed to gather a lot of valuable data which, among other things, allowed them to significantly improve the Kilo-class submarines as well.

The Lada-class submarines are designed to defend coastlines against ships and other submarines, gather intelligence, provide surveillance and reconnaissance missions, and act as a mother ship for special forces. With its new air-independent propulsion plant, a Lada submarine can remain submerged for as many as 25 days. With its vast array of weapon systems, the Lada is also world’s first non-nuclear submarine to be equipped with specialized launchers for cruise missiles.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20160102/1032604320/russia-submarine-stealth.html#ixzz3w7cSgSU7

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:29 am