The full text of the political agreement between the National Union and the Movement for Change
Wednesday 18-05-2016 | 3:01:40
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]H d
Twilight News / signed by First Deputy Secretary-General of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan Rasool Ali, and Mustafa Nushirwan General Coordinator of the MDC on Tuesday on the political agreement between the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan and the Movement for Change.
The signing took place on the strategic agreement between the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan and the Movement for Change in Dbachan area of the city of Sulaymaniyah in the presence of President Mam Jalal and a number of the leaders of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan and the Movement for Change ceremony.
Change and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan movement out of their faith in the firm of the need to organize and develop brotherhood and bilateral relations on the basis of reconciliation and cooperation and convinced both sides that there should be a national strategy to establish good governance, social justice and the rule of law, and the full conviction of the perspective that the development of bilateral relations in the interest of the citizens and the democratic process and social peace and stability and the interests of the two sides agreed on the bases laid out in this agreement as the basis for the organization of bilateral relations general framework
The general principles
The two sides committed to the implementation and development of this Agreement and the development of bilateral relations at all levels and provide a suitable platform for the protection of the political, legal, economic and social gains of our people and the unity within the House of Kurdistan.
Constitution and form of government
The two sides committed to the need for a parliamentary system in Kurdistan this system and are considered the most suitable system for the current stage, according to this system the region's president is elected by parliament and the prime minister is directly responsible to the executive branch.
The two sides committed to the provision of a civilian democratic constitution preserves the rights of citizens and public freedoms and the rights of religious and ethnic components and the rule of law and the separation of powers and the balance between them and the peaceful exchange of power.
1. The two sides agree to establish and develop a system of administrative decentralization in Kurdistan, in a given area of the provincial administrative and financial powers to the full functioning of Provincial Affairs and Altknikih, this by amending Law No. (3) for the year 2009 for the provincial councils.
2. The two sides confirms its support to conduct elections and respects the districts are working to hold them.
Disabled parliament and the continuing disruption caused staining of the political process and the rule of law in the province of Kurdistan, so the two sides emphasizes the need to reactivate the parliament unconditionally.
The two sides stressed the need to hold a political and legal reform, economic, financial and administrative in order to radically address the problems faced by the province of Kurdistan in the current stage. This is implemented through a genuine political will and good governance and the rule of law and institutional work.
Both sides agree on the importance of institutional governance on the basis of partnership between the reality of political parties based on the results of the general election.
About education, higher education and health sectors and all other sectors, the two sides committed to the implementation of the necessary reform in these sectors in order to provide better services to citizens and consolidate the foundations of social justice and the provision of equal opportunities.
The two sides emphasize the need to end effects and features of the two administrations in Kurdistan and the formation of a unified administration on the basis of institutional governance.
At a time when the two sides confirm their commitment to the legitimacy of the forms of freedom of expression, civil, and considered ways to demonstrate and protest is part of a democratic and professional struggle of the masses, they emphasize the freedom of expression in a peaceful manner and trendy away from violence.
The right to self-determination referendum
Both sides agree that the right to self-determination, independence and the right of the people of Kurdistan and should be ready for this full Bkhl, and this topic is a national theme and must be based Kurdistan Parliament deduct the light of the higher interests of the people of Kurdistan.
1. Affirms Ganan their commitment to the independence of the judiciary is fully functional, financial and administrative point of view, and activate the public prosecutor institutions and an end to interference in the affairs of the courts, and the need for a legal amendment judiciary and public prosecution and all laws relating to achieve this goal.
2. The two sides supported the judiciary for the formation of a Supreme Court in the Kurdistan Region in all its specificities.
Relations with the federal government
Both sides agree on the need to provide adequate solutions to the problems between the Kurdistan Region and the federal government through dialogue on the basis of our national interests and national treatment.
1. The two sides confirm their commitment to the return of Kirkuk and outs to the Kurdistan region, and are considered to resolve the border problems of Kurdistan of national and pan functions.
2. The two sides confirm their commitment to work for the implementation of constitutional article 140.
Blocs and governmental teams
1. The first step in the implementation of this agreement is the formation of a coalition of the two blocks in the Kurdistan Parliament and the Iraqi parliament and provincial councils.
2. This agreement that allows the two sides involved in the joint list of the Council of Representatives of Iraq and the Kurdistan Parliament and provincial councils general elections.
3. establishes this agreement of cooperation and coordination between the two teams in the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government and local governments.
Peshmerga forces and internal security
About the Peshmerga forces and internal security forces and the Security Council in the province of Kurdistan, the two sides agree to make these forces institutional and professional, depending on the parties law and the law of the Ministry of Peshmerga and the law of the Ministry of Interior and the law of the UN Security Council and any other law related to this by amending these laws or pass other laws for the this goal.
The two sides agree to make foreign relations for the Kurdistan Region institutional relations on the basis of balancing national interests and organized by law.
The two sides agree on:
1. be for the people of Kurdistan Kordstanih strategy is not to become a part of the war and sectarian conflict in Iraq and the region level.
2. The level of support for the Kurdistan arrowheads project to people in other parts of Kurdistan in order to achieve the legitimate goals.
The economy and the oil sector
About the economy and the oil sector, the two sides agree on:
1. Oil and gas, minerals and other sources of imports are the property of the year, and must be searching and finding, extraction, use, administration and handled in a transparent and institutionalized, through the constitutional institutions in preserving the rights of present and future generations.
2. Stay away from the only source of imports through the development of agriculture, industry, political and trade sectors .. etc ...
3. preparation of the necessary laws and amending relevant laws to counter monopolies and conflicts illegal in all investment and trade fields.
The flags of the two sides in cooperation and coordination between them in a spirit of harmony and work to comply with the agreement.
Section atheist ten
Neither of the parties to this agreement may be, to hold an alliance or agreement with another political party if it opposes the agreement or alliance with the terms and clauses of this Agreement.
This agreement serves the interests of the people of Kurdistan and the consolidation of the foundations of democracy, and the party may join this agreement with the consent of the parties to the agreement.
After signing the agreement, the two sides can still add or Shaved protocol to the agreement, and this is the protocol or Annex after signing an integral part of this Agreement.
The formation of a joint higher committee members from both sides to coordinate and follow up the implementation of this Agreement Committee holds monthly meetings and is responsible for the preparation of protocols, annexes and constitute a temporary special committees if necessary.
This Agreement shall enter baffled effect after being signed and exchanged documents signed.
Published the text of the agreement in the media, and is informing the public about it.