Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Vancouver Canucks

jedi17
    jedi17

Vancouver Canucks Empty Vancouver Canucks

Post by jedi17 Wed 25 Jan 2017, 6:06 pm

Alex Edler to play as Vancouver Canucks look to improve grim road record
    January 25, 2017, 3:31 PM ET [55 Comments]
    Carol Schram
     Vancouver Canucks Van Vancouver Canucks Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Wednesday January 25 - Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche - 6:30 p.m. - Sportsnet 360

Vancouver Canucks: 48 GP, 22-20-6, 50 pts, sixth in Pacific Division
    Colorado Avalanche: 45 GP, 13-30-2, 28 pts, seventh in Central Division

Sorry, Jordan Subban. Alex Edler is healthy enough to play tonight, when the Vancouver Canucks will look for their third win of the season against the Colorado Avalanche.

This will be the last meeting of the year between the two teams, so a win tonight would give Vancouver a clean sweep against the reeling Avs, who are a league worst 1-8-1 in their last 10 games. Gale force trade rumours are swirling around the team's stars and role players alike—it's believed that only youngsters Nathan MacKinnon, Mikko Rantanen and Tyson Jost are considered to be unavailable. 

On Monday night, Twitter went crazy when Matt Duchene was a late scratch, even though he was said to be ill. Looks like it was a false alarm, as Duchene is still with the team and is expected to dress tonight. He told Terry Frei of the Denver Post that he was hit hard by a stomach virus that necessitated several trips to the emergency room.

“I started laughing,” Duchene said about the trade rumours. “I never thought of it at the time. I thought if we announce that I was sick, there wouldn’t be any questions about it. But I guess there was. I mean, I understand it. It’s part of the business and it’s something that may or may not happen at some point here. It was not a big deal. I just kind of laughed it off. It’s to be expected, I guess.”

Even with Duchene back, the Avs remain far from healthy. Defenseman Erik Johnson has been sidelined since early December with a broken leg and Tyson Barrie has also now been added to I.R. with a lower-body injury. Starting goaltender Semyon Varlamov is back on the shelf with a groin injury and could end up being shut down for the season, while Rene Bourque is also out of action with a lower-body problem. 

Calvin Pickard will get the nod in net tonight for the Avs. Considering Colorado's overall record, his numbers actually aren't too bad—he's 7-12-1 for the year, with a .904 save percentage and a 3.01 goals-against average. He has played just once in Colorado's last six games—a 2-1 road loss to the Anaheim Ducks on January 19.

Colorado's woes could be just what the doctor ordered for the Canucks, who are looking to finish out their schedule before the All-Star break by improving their woeful 5-14-3 record away from Rogers Arena. The Avalanche are far-and-away the league's worst team on home ice, with a 5-17-1 record at the Pepsi Center. That's only half as many wins as the next-worst teams—Detroit, New Jersey and Arizona—who have all won 10 times on home ice.

Alex Edler says he's well enough to play tonight, but emphatically refused to elaborate further on the nature of his injury.

Current date/time is Sat 07 Sep 2024, 9:48 pm