Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Central: The current cash reserve of $ 48 billion

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Central: The current cash reserve of $ 48 billion Empty Central: The current cash reserve of $ 48 billion

Post by Rocky Mon 25 Dec 2017, 9:05 am

[size=30]Central: The current cash reserve of $ 48 billion[/size]
    25/12/2017 01:08 | Number of readings: 171
    font size: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Trend Press / Baghdad

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq's cash reserves currently stand at 48 billion US dollars (57.5 trillion Iraqi dinars), the central bank governor said on Monday.

"The Central Bank of Iraq bought treasury bills worth 16 trillion dinars during 2015 and 2016, to provide liquidity to control the economic and financial performance in Iraq."

He added that the bank, in cooperation with the Ministry of Finance and in direct coordination with the Prime Minister, was able to reduce government spending and increase some of the local revenues, which contributed to reducing the deficit gap.

The Governor of the Central Iraqi, that in the past two years, the dollar revenues from Iraqi oil exports decreased by about 50%.

"This has put great pressure on monetary policy, with government spending not falling the same percentage, which has put pressure on foreign currency to cover this difference."

He pointed out that "accumulated reserves of the bank for previous years, was able to absorb that shock, in addition to controlling the balance between the exchange rate and reserves and inflation, noting that the reserves of the bank began to rise gradually."

He pointed out that "Iraq depends mainly on the management of its foreign exchange resources on its oil exports, and reserves depend on the result up and down, noting that this was affected by the decline in oil prices."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 09 Sep 2024, 9:49 pm