Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

"Unprecedented numbers"... 9 million Iraqis live below the poverty line

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

"Unprecedented numbers"... 9 million Iraqis live below the poverty line Empty "Unprecedented numbers"... 9 million Iraqis live below the poverty line

Post by Rocky Tue 01 Nov 2022, 9:16 am

[size=30]"Unprecedented numbers"... 9 million Iraqis live below the poverty line[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Erbil (Kurdistan 24) - The Strategic Center for Human Rights in Iraq said on Monday that 9 million Iraqis live in extreme poverty, noting that there are 4 million unemployed people in the country.
    The deputy head of the center, Hazem Al-Rudaini, said in a statement that "poverty rates have reached unprecedented numbers in Iraq," stressing that "the percentages have reached nearly 25 percent of the population, that is, up to nine million citizens of Iraq's total population of about forty million people."
    Al-Rudaini added, "The unemployment rate has risen by 14 percent, which is about four million unemployed people."
    He attributed this to "raising the value of the dollar against the Iraqi dinar, lifting support for the industrial and agricultural sectors, and relying heavily on imports."
    Al-Rudaini called on the federal government to “find real solutions, not patchwork, including the exchange of amounts between the old and new exchange rates at the dollar price by directly supporting the agricultural and industrial sectors, in addition to increasing the quantity and vocabulary of the ration card, and this in turn will eliminate unemployment and poverty within a short period.”
    Although Iraq is one of the oil-rich countries and the second largest oil producer in OPEC after Saudi Arabia, it suffers at the same time from high rates of poverty, amid previous government promises to take measures for treatment, but it did not achieve any results, as Iraq occupies advanced ranks in List of the most corrupt countries.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 23 Jun 2024, 2:16 pm