Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Al-Halbousi ends the controversy: There is no return to Parliament

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Al-Halbousi ends the controversy: There is no return to Parliament Empty Al-Halbousi ends the controversy: There is no return to Parliament

Post by Rocky Fri 31 May 2024, 4:31 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]Al-Halbousi ends the controversy: There is no return to Parliament[/size]

[size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    05-31-2024
    The head of the Taqaddam Party, Muhammad al-Halbousi, said on Friday that he is not seeking to return to the Iraqi parliament, after he was removed from his position as Speaker of the House of Representatives by a judicial decision.[/size]
    [size=45]Commenting on the decisions of the Court of Cassation, Al-Halbousi said: “I will not seek in any way to return to parliamentary work in this session.”[/size]
    [size=45]He added in an interview: “Everyone who defends the repeated violations of the legislative authority must be certain beyond doubt that many of the wrong paths that weaken the state and its institutions and non-compliance with the principle of separation of powers will be put to an end through the efforts of philanthropists and those concerned for the country.”[/size]
    [size=45]In a precedent other than what is usual in Iraq, the Federal Court of Cassation issued a legal decision ruling that one of the decisions of the Federal Court - the highest judicial authority in the country - was “not final.” This decision opened the door for Al-Halbousi to file a cassation over the decision to remove him from the presidency of Parliament. Before the Federal Court in a move that was based on a “forgery” lawsuit filed by one of the representatives[/size]
    [size=45]The statement published on the court’s official website stated that it “decided to terminate the membership of the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Muhammad Rekan Al-Halbousi, as of the date of issuance of the ruling on November 14, 2023.” The court also took a similar decision against MP Laith Mustafa Hammoud Al-Dulaimi, who filed the lawsuit, according to the statement[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 27 Jun 2024, 9:54 pm