Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Cashew Chicken

Lobo
    Lobo

Cashew Chicken Empty Cashew Chicken

Post by Lobo Mon 26 Dec 2016, 4:30 pm

Cashew Chicken Img48l
    Cashew Chicken

Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 5 minutes
    Servings: 4
    For a quick and easy side dish, separate 1 lb. broccoli into small florets. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, add the broccoli, and cook just until bright green and tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain well, place in a dish, drizzle lightly with soy sauce and chili or sesame oil, toss and serve.

Ingredients:

• 3 Tbs. soy sauce
    • 1 Tbs. rice wine or dry sherry
    • 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
    • 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into
        bite-size pieces
    • 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
    • 1 tsp. Asian sesame oil
    • 1/2 tsp. sugar
    • 1/4 tsp. cornstarch
    • 3 Tbs. corn or peanut oil
    • 2 green onions, chopped
    • 1 cup salted roasted cashews
    • Steamed rice for serving

Directions:

Marinate the chicken
    In a large bowl, stir together 2 Tbs. of the soy sauce, the wine and ginger. Stir in the chicken to coat evenly and set aside for 15 minutes.

Make the sauce
    In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbs. water, the remaining 1 Tbs. soy sauce, the Worcestershire sauce, sesame oil, sugar and cornstarch, and stir to dissolve the sugar and cornstarch.

Stir-fry the chicken
    Heat a wok or large fry pan over high heat until very hot and add 2 Tbs. of the corn oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade, draining it well, and discard the marinade. Add the chicken to the wok and stir-fry until opaque, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a bowl.

Return the wok to medium heat and add the remaining 1 Tbs. corn oil. Add the green onions and stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Return the chicken to the wok and add the cashews. Give the sauce a quick stir, add to the pan and stir until the sauce thickens slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately with the steamed rice. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Asian, by Farina Wong Kingsley (Oxmoor House, 2007).

Current date/time is Sat 07 Sep 2024, 8:14 pm