Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New York Rangers

jedi17
    jedi17

New York Rangers  Empty New York Rangers

Post by jedi17 Tue 07 Feb 2017, 7:50 pm

Game 53: NYR-ANA, Rangers look to ground the Ducks at MSG on Tue- updated
    February 7, 2017, 7:19 AM ET [235 Comments]
    Jan Levine
     New York Rangers  Nyr New York Rangers Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Rangers play their second of four straight home contests against the West with a match against the Ducks on Tuesday. New York comes in off 4-3 with over Calgary on Sunday. Anaheim lost 3-2 in a shootout to Tampa on Saturday. Following today's game, the Rangers face Nashville on Thursday and Colorado on Saturday.

Kevin Hayes practiced Monday, and unless he had a material setback overnight, he will return to the lineup for the first time since getting injured January 22. His return moves J.T. Miller back to win and Jesper Fast to the fourth line. In addition, Matt Puempel joins Brandon Pirri as a healthy scratch. 
    (Morning update: Hayes looks good to go tonight. It will be a game-time decision but I would put the odds at 95-5 that he plays. Also, possible PP combinations: 26-21-61-89-27; 93-20-36-10-76)

This one is for TPC. With his tally Sunday, Chris Kreider equaled his personal-best total of 21 goals that he established each of the past two seasons. The winger (21-16 after 21-22 last year and 21-25 in 2014-15) has scored 17 goals in his last 24 games including 12 in the last 17. Pretty, pretty good and 30+ looks like a more than a realistic possibility.

Nash-Step-Vesey
    Kreider-Zibanejad-Zuccarello
    Grabner-Hayes-Miller
    Fast-Lindberg-Buchnevich

Two areas to be discussed: Vesey-Buchnevich and 14 healthy forwards.

Vesey was moved up to the top line two games ago with Buchnevich shifting to the fourth line. Neither has been markedly successful lately. Vesey has recorded one goal for his only point in his last 13 games and two goals (with one assist) in his last 22. Buchnevich — who has played in only 20 games compared to Vesey’s 51 — has gone six games without a point after recording two goals and four assists in his first four games after being sidelined for two months with back and core issues. 

The advanced metrics show that Vesey clearly in better with Stepan and Nash than without, which should come as no surprise seeing who he has played with when away from them. Buchnevich's year can be broken into pre- and post-injury. If he can regain that pre-injury form, I expect him to be moved back up. However, if each continue to struggle in terms of production, you have to wonder if New York tries to add a top-six forward with grit who can score - yes, I mean Patrick Sharp - filling several needs. If Sharp can be acquired, that gives AV even more flexibility. But for now, look for the Vesey-Buch, first line, fourth line elevator to continue.

With 14 healthy forwards, Pirri and Puempel are the healthy scratches. As Larry Brooks notes, the Blueshirts currently own approximately $6.4 million of full-season cap space that would translate to the $10.1 million neighborhood at the March 1 trade deadline (per Capfriendly.com). With that cap space and only three weeks to the deadline combined with the low salaries for Pirri and Puempel, about $1.75 mil combined, the Rangers may opt to keep both on hand rather than potentially losing ones on waivers.

Marc Staal is questionable with the flu, which sidelined him good portions of Sunday's game. In practice Monday, Nick Holden moved from the right (off) to his more comfortable left side with Adam Clendening sliding onto the right side. That leaves Ryan McDonagh-Dan Girardi and Brady Skjei-Kevin Klein as the other two pairings. 
    (Morning update: Staal practiced this morning and will go tonight, skating alongside Holden as usual. Clendening will be the healthy scratch. I sure hope Skjei-Klein isn't on a lot against Rakell-Getzlaf-Perry. AV better use that last change wisely)

Henrik Lundqvist will be between the pipes. He has taken off since seeing consisted playing time the past three or so weeks. Maybe it was just getting him in a regular routine. Lundqvist is 5-1-0/.933/2.02 with a no-decision in his seven starts since the Jan. 17 debacle against Dallas. Despite the role, it's fairly likely that Antti Raanta gets a game in the next little bit, maybe Saturday against Colorado.

If there is something you want me to write about or if what I am posting isn't resonating with anyone, please let me know. Want to make sure what I post is worthhwile and not a waste of time for you or me. Thanks.

Current date/time is Sat 07 Sep 2024, 11:46 pm