Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Pittsburgh Penguins

jedi17
    jedi17

Pittsburgh Penguins Empty Pittsburgh Penguins

Post by jedi17 Fri 07 Apr 2017, 6:46 pm

Cruise control
    April 7, 2017, 3:33 PM ET [28 Comments]
    Ryan Wilson
    Pittsburgh Penguins Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Pittsburgh Penguins took care of business against the New Jersey Devils last night winning by an entertaining score of 7-4. The Winnipeg Jets were also victorious last night over Columbus which has now clinched home ice advantage for the Penguins in round one. The rest of the regular season does not matter. The Penguins can cruise into the playoffs resting whoever it is that they want. The only measure of success moving forward is the team’s overall health. Any players who are mildly dinged up can get the rest and treatment they need without any consequences to the playoff picture. This is a nice bonus heading into the weekend.

Sidney Crosby went goalless last night, but he mainted his four goal lead in the scoring race. He may not have scored, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t show off. You may need a cigarette after watching this goal sequence.

What a beautiful play. It’s hard enough for players to gain time and space in the offensive zone while making forehand passes. Look how many backhand passes are made leading up to the goal. This line is probably my favorite of the entire Crosby era. Pittsburgh is so very fortunate that the pieces are in place to keep them together for a very long time.

Jake Guenztel has now scored in four straight games. He now has 15 goals on the season in only 39 games. The works out to about a 32 goal pace over 82 games. He has acclimated himself to the NHL seamlessly. What is very impressive about his goal pace is that it has been achieved predominately at even-strength. Out of his 15 goals he has scored 14 at even-strength. Guentzel is currently tied for third overall in the NHL in 5v5 goals per 60 at 1.53. He is tied with Auston Matthews. Only Rickard Rackell (1.57) and TJ Oshie (1.56) are better. Sidney Crosby is in fifth at 1.41 and Evgeni Malkin is sixth at 1.38.

Guentzel continues to show his ability in the front of the net to make plays and score goals and I believe he deserves a promotion to the top power play. That 30 goal pace could probably be at 40 if he was given that kind of ice time.

Evgeni Malkin and Olli Maatta were full participants at practice today. It remains to be seen if they will play in the Penguins final two games. Mike Sullivan was coy about his plans for his lineups in the coming days.

Carl Hagelin took the ice as well. He took a few laps and got off. Hey, it’s a start.

Current date/time is Sat 07 Sep 2024, 6:53 pm