Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

PM Abadi vows to keep paramilitary troops, raise budget

jedi17
    jedi17

PM Abadi vows to keep paramilitary troops, raise budget Empty PM Abadi vows to keep paramilitary troops, raise budget

Post by jedi17 Tue 18 Jul 2017, 7:57 pm

PM Abadi vows to keep paramilitary troops, raise budget

by Nehal Mostafa
    Jul 18, 2017, 9:45 pm
    SHARES
    Tweet
    Reddit

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi.

Report Ad

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi has vowed to keep the Shia-led paramilitary troops of al-Hashd al-Shaabi (Popular Mobilization Units) for several years, announcing increase of their budget to raise the fighters’ wages, AlSumaria News reported.

During a weekly press conference on Tuesday, Abadi said, “Our support to al-Hashd al-Shaabi is ongoing and we will increase its budget… I was astonished to know that the fighters’ wages were used after increasing their allocations. I ordered investigations into this, but it was rejected.”

“We need to guarantee that these funds go to the fighters, not to employ people or to finance electoral campaigns,” Abadi added.

PMUs, according to Abadi, “will continue for years, despite some people’s attempt to oppose them.”

In February, Abadi instructed the PMUs’ general inspector to investigate the distribution of the fighters’ wages and stressed necessity to find a ‘fair’ distribution mechanism. Later, Abadi pledged raising the troops allocations starting May.

During a meeting with foreign ministers of the anti-IS coalition countries in Washington in March, Abadi stresses that he will not allow the PMUs, mainly composed of Shia fighters, to take part in the Iraqi parliament elections.

PMUs, an alliance of more than 60 mostly Shia militias, are recognized by the government as a national force under the Prime Minister’s command.

The group has been actively engaged in the Iraqi government’s war against IS, and has recently claimed full control over Iraq’s borders with Syria, but has been operating only on ground with air support from the Iraqi army warplanes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    jedi17
    jedi17

PM Abadi vows to keep paramilitary troops, raise budget Empty Re: PM Abadi vows to keep paramilitary troops, raise budget

Post by jedi17 Tue 18 Jul 2017, 8:19 pm

Iraqi PMFs will remain for years, Premier Ibadi
    4:13 AM ADMIN

Baghdad/ Iraq TradeLink: Iraqi Premier Haidar al-Ibadi promised the "stay" of the Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) for years to come.

In his weekly press conference, he stressed that the funds should be sent to the PMFs, not finance electoral campaigns.

"Any usage of PMF's funds for electoral purposes shall be investigated", Premier Ibadi confirmed.

"The PMFs will remain for years to come despite the attempts of some sources to confiscated its efforts", he pointed out.

"All those cooperated with Da'ish (ISIS) organization started to cooperate with us", he disclosed.

Premier Ibadi promised to increase the allowances of the PMFs starting from May, 2017, as announced on 18 April, 2017.

Current date/time is Fri 06 Sep 2024, 10:47 pm